John McGiunness future
Yamanx Offline

Threads: 12
Wink  John McGiunness future
I see JMG is back with Honda for this years TT alongside Conrod. Which is a good team and will be riding for wins.

I also noted that JMG will be riding the endurance Superstock rounds, and in addition running his own team from "the back of his van". I think this is John's way of looking to the future, with as much experience as he has, particularly at the TT races, he would be in a good place to have his own team in the coming years. 

I suspect he would need some entrepreneurial partnership, someone who could make the business side of things work. But for experience in racing at the TT there are few who could doubt his expertise and accumen.

He might be able to take a classic machine around the mountain course for a good few years yet, enjoy himself riding the circuit, but as a top flight Superbike rider in June, he has to be thinking he is in the twilight of his career and what better way to stay part of the dream!

I think there will be a McGuinness run race team at the TT within the next few years, and good luck to him I say Smile

"By all means think yourself big, but never think others small........."  R.F. Scott
07-01-2015, 11:12 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
RE: John McGiunness future
John and Connor riding for Honda at the TT in the Senior and Superbike, Conor for Jackson Racing in the Supersport and Superstock, John for Jackson Racing in the Supersport, and his own bike in the Superstock. Both with Jackson Racing in the world endurance on a Superstock with Dan Stewart.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
07-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Find Reply
y2blade Offline

Threads: 13
Good info, cheers guys
07-01-2015, 01:35 PM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

Threads: 4
Interesting thanks
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

08-01-2015, 08:38 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
Best of luck to them both and Roll on June!

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
08-01-2015, 10:42 AM
Find Reply
Rednine Offline

Threads: 5
Yes indeed, it can't come soon enough.

Smoke me a kipper...........................I'll be back for breakfast Icon_wink
10-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

Threads: 4
Don't wish your life away Rednine!
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

10-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
(08-01-2015, 10:42 AM)maybolezx12r Wrote: Best of luck to them both and Roll on June!

road racing season starts in may its not all about the tt for me
i hope you guys over in ireland know how lucky you are road racing and irish tarmac rally championship you are spoiled
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
11-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Find Reply