Thread Deleted by Accident
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Thread Deleted by Accident
To Everyone,

While trying to edit the Thread on "Newcomers / Bucket List" visitors to the TT/MGP, I inadvertently deleted the whole thread.

All I can say is that if people put unacceptable comments on here, and I have to edit the Thread, then this kind of thing can and will happen.

I have always said that all I expect is compliance to the T&C's of the Forums and to treat them with a degree of common sense and respect for all others who use them. So please accept that and try and keep to it in the future.

Malcolm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Website Find Reply
Amsterdam Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Thread Deleted by Accident
(20-01-2015, 05:13 PM)Malcolm Wrote: To Everyone,

While trying to edit the Thread on "Newcomers / Bucket List" visitors to the TT/MGP, I inadvertently deleted the whole thread.

All I can say is that if people put unacceptable comments on here, and I have to edit the Thread, then this kind of thing can and will happen.

I have always said that all I expect is compliance to the T&C's of the Forums and to treat them with a degree of common sense and respect for all others who use them. So please accept that and try and keep to it in the future.

Malcolm.

May I inquire why you felt the need to edit it? Should not people individually be responsible for their own mistakes, clerical errors and train of thoughts? No one surely would hold you responsible for anything written by any one else?

The editing of any thread is simply a function of being the owner and moderator of the Forums, as stated within the T&C's.

If it ever came to a case for libel being brought to the courts against the website, for derogatory comments made in any posting , made by anyone, then there is every possibility that I could be held responsible as owner of the website/forum, for allowing such comments to be viewed in the public domain, and therfore  I could be subject to a claim for financial restitution being made by the claimant.That is why I reserve the right to edit and/or delete ANY posting.

Malcolm 
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2015, 12:27 AM by Malcolm.)
20-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Find Reply
serowmaster Offline

Threads: 4
Not to worry accidents do and will happen Smile

GETTING OLD IS MANDATORY FEELING OLD IS OPTIONAL smilie
20-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
Well I dont know what was said that Malcolm tried to edit but I thought the original idea for the thread had legs , it was a good idea to see what people thought was must do things when they go to the IoM , so can we get back to it and get on with life lets face it Malcolm has been straight with us you cant ask fairer than that

If I remember right the thread asked for our top ten must do things , I said say hello to the fairy's and have the time of your life ,not to worry about the other eight things as it would not just be eight it would be a hundred and eight , just make sure to book up for the next twenty years ,

for us after our visit to the Fairy's we used to head on down to the Calf , and on one of our last days there we usually pay a visit to Close Sartfield at the Curraghs to see the Orchids , which are usually just coming out as we are leaving , our beloved Isle is so diverse , so rich in wildlife in heritage , and some of the nicest people in the world ,

(This post was last modified: 20-01-2015, 08:30 PM by Steady the Edward.)
20-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(20-01-2015, 08:29 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: Well I dont know what was said that Malcolm tried to edit but I thought the original idea for the thread had legs , it was a good idea to see what people thought was must do things when they go to the IoM , so can we get back to it and get on with life lets face it Malcolm has been straight with us you cant ask fairer than that

If I remember right the thread asked for our top ten must do things , I said say hello to the fairy's and have the time of your life ,not to worry about the other eight things as it would not just be eight it would be a hundred and eight , just make sure to book up for the next twenty years ,

for us after our visit to the Fairy's we used to head on down to the Calf , and on one of our last days there we usually pay a visit to Close Sartfield  at the Curraghs to see the Orchids , which are usually just coming out as we are leaving , our beloved Isle is so diverse , so rich in wildlife in  heritage , and some of the nicest people in the world ,

No Eddy, the 10 thing to do is still here.
http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthre...?tid=18612
The thread that went was about new visitors coming just to get drunk.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
20-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Find Reply

Ye Chears spotted it ,having a senior moment , lets face it I do qualify , and obviously have still not mastered the art of multitasking following threads on here and laying laminate flooring , is just not working but at least the flooring is looking good

by the way I like your list , the one we have never done is the Calf and the Point in one day , it's a long way that you know !! when you are in Manx mode lol

20-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(20-01-2015, 08:46 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: Ye Chears  spotted it ,having a senior moment , lets face it I do qualify , and obviously have still not mastered the art of multitasking following threads on here and laying laminate flooring , is just not working but at least the flooring is looking good

by the way I like your list , the one we have never done is the Calf and the Point in one day , it's a long way that you know !! when you are in Manx mode lol

It could be worse, your posts could be perfect, but some off your flooring deletedIcon_lol
Doing the two end of the Island one after another gives you a true pespective of how small and special it really is.
I normally do them on Mad Sunday.
Tranquil at both ends of the Island, whilst in the middle the madness and closed roads continues.
'Some times I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.'Angel
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2015, 08:54 PM by c iom tt.)
20-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Find Reply
serowmaster Offline

Threads: 4
(20-01-2015, 08:46 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: Ye Chears  spotted it ,having a senior moment , lets face it I do qualify , and obviously have still not mastered the art of multitasking following threads on here and laying laminate flooring , is just not working but at least the flooring is looking good

it can be done on a serow Bike2

GETTING OLD IS MANDATORY FEELING OLD IS OPTIONAL smilie
20-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Find Reply

I just love being in the Manx mode , I was talking to an Old Lady that had lived in Ramsey for most of her life and she said she had only been to Douglas three times and that bad been to go to the Hospital , said it was too far why bother she could get all she wanted in Ramsey , don't you just love em , laid back , and content ,

20-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Find Reply

For me Dave I have no problem with the way Malcolm runs HIS site we are here as guests and as such should show respect for his wishes ,
for me on the old site Admin never answered any thing said on the site and never answered any messages sent to them , or at least they never answered any of my messages ,
on here Malcolm is on all the time participating with us and if you have a query send him a PM and he will respond and I feel that any correspondence about how he runs things are better done by PM in my opinion , and I don't think we can ask for more when in the short time we have been here he has stood up and held his hand up and said sorry I was wrong /or I have made a mistake ,
not sure some of the members would be as forth coming ,

20-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
(20-01-2015, 11:13 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: For me Dave I have no problem with the way Malcolm runs HIS site we are here as guests and as such should show respect for his wishes ,
for me on the old site Admin never answered any thing said on the site and never answered any messages sent to them , or at least they never answered any of my messages ,
on here Malcolm is on all the time participating with us and if you have a query send him a PM and he will respond and I feel that any correspondence about how he runs things are better done by PM in my opinion , and I don't think we can ask for more when in the short time we have been here he has stood up and held his hand up and said sorry I was wrong /or I have made a mistake ,
not sure some of the members would be as forth coming ,

Hi Eddy,

No point in relaying any comments to Dave as he requested to be removed from the Forum database a little earlier, which has just been actioned.

And for anyone  who wishes to chip in who knows nothing about why or how the deletion of the thread happened. - I was editing one of my own postings and not one made by anyone else.

Not that I should have to explain that, as it is clear in the T&C's of the Forums that editing of postings is the duty and the right of the Moderator, in performing their responsibilities to the site.

Not aimed at you Eddy.

Malcolm.
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2015, 11:26 PM by Malcolm.)
20-01-2015, 11:18 PM
Website Find Reply

I am sorry to hear that Malcolm , for I had some good laughs with him over the years , but as I said to me if some one has concerns over how you do things then I feel by PM would be better , as on open forum things can very soon get out of hand and that would not benefit the member and would not be fair to you , in my opinion , not that too many worry about my opinion lol

20-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Find Reply