Steam Packet
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 21
Steam Packet
As I cannot go to the TT this year, I phoned to cancel my booking, and was quite prepared to lose my £40 deposit.  A nice guy from the Steam Packet said he could transfer my booking to the MGP, without any loss of deposit or transfer fee, brilliant !  After all the stories we hear about the SP, I was well impressed with the service I received.  Now looking forward to the Classic TT on my bike this year, having always been by car before.
26-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Find Reply
Dougboy
Unregistered

RE: Steam Packet
(26-01-2015, 03:47 PM)dommyman Wrote: As I cannot go to the TT this year, I phoned to cancel my booking, and was quite prepared to lose my £40 deposit.  A nice guy from the Steam Packet said he could transfer my booking to the MGP, without any loss of deposit or transfer fee, brilliant !  After all the stories we hear about the SP, I was well impressed with the service I received.  Now looking forward to the Classic TT on my bike this year, having always been by car before.

Couldn't agree more Dommyman, I've never had anything but brilliant service from the people at the SP Bookings desks. People get frustrated at the SPs inability to get 40,000 people on and off the Island on 2 days of the year and confuse this with bad service.
26-01-2015, 04:28 PM
panman Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Steam Packet
(26-01-2015, 04:28 PM)Dougboy Wrote:
(26-01-2015, 03:47 PM)dommyman Wrote: As I cannot go to the TT this year, I phoned to cancel my booking, and was quite prepared to lose my £40 deposit.  A nice guy from the Steam Packet said he could transfer my booking to the MGP, without any loss of deposit or transfer fee, brilliant !  After all the stories we hear about the SP, I was well impressed with the service I received.  Now looking forward to the Classic TT on my bike this year, having always been by car before.

Couldn't agree more Dommyman, I've never had anything but brilliant service from the people at the SP Bookings desks. People get frustrated at the SPs inability to get 40,000 people on and off the Island on 2 days of the year and confuse this with bad service.

I too had good service when my wife passed away 10 days before our TT sailing some years ago - when I rang to cancel I expected to loose 50% of the ticket price but was given a full refund once they knew the reason for the cancellation. It has changed my view of them!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Route 66 Blog: www.thehandys.co.uk/blog 
26-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Website Find Reply