Our Guy In India
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Our Guy In India
[Image: guyinindia1.jpg]

TT fans’ favourite Guy Martin is getting back in the saddle for an Indian adventure in his latest TV documentary.

The motorcycle racer, who has become a TV personality, in recent years, will star in Channel 4’s two-part documentary Our Guy In India, which starts this weekend.

The show follows Guy’s 1,000-mile trip across India to compete in a race called Rider Mania – the world’s largest gathering of Royal Enfield motorbikes.

Other scenes show Guy riding alongside a 50-strong biker gang, visiting Asia’s biggest junk yard and climbing to the top of India’s tallest building, the 833ft Imperial skyscraper in Mumbai.

A spokesperson for Channel 4 said the show would see the star ‘completely out of his comfort zone’.

He added:
‘Guy Martin has a love for adventure and they don’t come much bigger than an epic 1,000-mile trip across India, culminating in one of the world’s maddest bike races.

‘Rider Mania is the largest gathering of Royal Enfield motorbikes on the planet. Guy wants to ride there and win it at the end of his two-week trip.

‘Along the way, Guy with his love of tea, lorry repairs, motorbikes and daredevil risk taking, introduces us to a side of modern India rarely seen before. Only Guy would want to visit the largest lorry repair yard in Asia.’

Elsewhere in the programme Guy buys a classic Royal Enfield motorcycle at a Delhi market that came with a traditional Hindu blessing.

Famed for his love of tea, Guy also gets the chance to enjoy a brew at a historic 250-year-old tea plantation.

Our Guy In India comes after he starred in his well-received programme Speed.

Speed saw Guy attempt to break the speed record for various vehicles, including a hovercraft.

The racer, who has never actually won a TT race, is much more famous than his Mountain Circuit rivals because of his TT career.

He has featured in a number of popular TV programmes, including Guy Martin’s Passion For Life, Guy Martin’s Spitfire and The Boat That Guy Built.

His book, Guy Martin: My Autobiography also proved a popular Christmas stocking filler after it made the top 10 book sales in the UK during the festive period, with more than 30,000 copies sold.

The first part of Our Guy In India will be shown on Channel 4 on Sunday 1st February at 9pm.

[Image: chanel4colour.jpg]
30-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Website Find Reply
Boltonswanderer
Unregistered

RE: Our Guy In India
(30-01-2015, 03:53 PM)Malcolm Cheers Malc. Wrote:
[Image: guyinindia1.jpg]

TT fans’ favourite Guy Martin is getting back in the saddle for an Indian adventure in his latest TV documentary.

The motorcycle racer, who has become a TV personality, in recent years, will star in Channel 4’s two-part documentary Our Guy In India, which starts this weekend.

The show follows Guy’s 1,000-mile trip across India to compete in a race called Rider Mania – the world’s largest gathering of Royal Enfield motorbikes.

Other scenes show Guy riding alongside a 50-strong biker gang, visiting Asia’s biggest junk yard and climbing to the top of India’s tallest building, the 833ft Imperial skyscraper in Mumbai.

A spokesperson for Channel 4 said the show would see the star ‘completely out of his comfort zone’.

He added:
‘Guy Martin has a love for adventure and they don’t come much bigger than an epic 1,000-mile trip across India, culminating in one of the world’s maddest bike races.

‘Rider Mania is the largest gathering of Royal Enfield motorbikes on the planet. Guy wants to ride there and win it at the end of his two-week trip.

‘Along the way, Guy with his love of tea, lorry repairs, motorbikes and daredevil risk taking, introduces us to a side of modern India rarely seen before. Only Guy would want to visit the largest lorry repair yard in Asia.’

Elsewhere in the programme Guy buys a classic Royal Enfield motorcycle at a Delhi market that came with a traditional Hindu blessing.

Famed for his love of tea, Guy also gets the chance to enjoy a brew at a historic 250-year-old tea plantation.

Our Guy In India comes after he starred in his well-received programme Speed.

Speed saw Guy attempt to break the speed record for various vehicles, including a hovercraft.

The racer, who has never actually won a TT race, is much more famous than his Mountain Circuit rivals because of his TT career.

He has featured in a number of popular TV programmes, including Guy Martin’s Passion For Life, Guy Martin’s Spitfire and The Boat That Guy Built.

His book, Guy Martin: My Autobiography also proved a popular Christmas stocking filler after it made the top 10 book sales in the UK during the festive period, with more than 30,000 copies sold.

The first part of Our Guy In India will be shown on Channel 4 on Sunday 1st February at 9pm.

[Image: chanel4colour.jpg]
31-01-2015, 11:51 PM
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 21
Very enjoyable viewing, I love Guy's down to earth approach, and look forward to next week's program.
02-02-2015, 12:25 AM
Find Reply
serowmaster Offline

Threads: 4
is it going to be repeated

GETTING OLD IS MANDATORY FEELING OLD IS OPTIONAL smilie
02-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Find Reply
Shooie Offline

Threads: 1
How many people can fall asleep whilst paragliding a few hundred feet up in the air ??? Smile
Guess Guy doesn't find paragliding exciting.. lol

Good prog. Like Guy says it's not a travel commercial it's India in the raw...... but with a film crew, minders, fixers, massive insurance, etc behind him... And quite rightly. Don't want him to have Deli-belly when the 2015 road racing season kicks off...
02-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 71
I found the programe very good, keep em coming Guy it helps these winter nights more appealing.
03-02-2015, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
A good watch I thought , but I like the man , and you have to hand it to the man he has done some fantastic stuff that most of us could only ever dream about , and any thing he does he gives it his all ,

Now I love riding my bikes , but not a chance I would ride a bike in India , did you see that traffic ??? oh no not for me that , it's bad enough in Brad Istan , but that lot over there looked horrendous , cant wait to see the second half , bring it on

05-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Find Reply
serowmaster Offline

Threads: 4
part 1 is repeated tonight (sat 7th) on ch 4 at 7pm Icon_biggrin

GETTING OLD IS MANDATORY FEELING OLD IS OPTIONAL smilie
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2015, 07:54 PM by serowmaster.)
07-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Find Reply