TT zero type bikes
Kursaal Flyer Offline

Threads: 37
TT zero type bikes
Something that very few will be able to answer but here goes anyway. On a conventional motorbike with engine and gears while riding it as you approach certain corners you select a certain gear therefore controlling the speed through the corner via an engine gearbox combination. On the electric driven bikes I assume they are one gear with the motor just turning faster. If this is the case how does the rider judge and adjust his speed for any particular corner.
Old enough to know better, young enough to have given it a go ! Icon_cool
30-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Website Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
RE: TT zero type bikes
Good question Kursaal , as I understand it the bikes when they shut off the motors go in to regeneration mode , so I would expect there to be some sort of braking effect involved , but I don't really know , but seeing as we now have Team Mugen posting on the forum you may get it from the horses mouth ,

30-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
RE: TT zero type bikes
(30-01-2015, 05:18 PM)Kursaal Flyer Wrote: Something that very few will be able to answer but here goes anyway. On a conventional motorbike with engine and gears while riding it as you approach certain corners you select a certain gear therefore controlling the speed through the corner via an engine gearbox combination. On the electric driven bikes I assume they are one gear with the motor just turning faster. If this is the case how does the rider judge and adjust his speed for any particular corner.

they maybe dont have gears or most of them dont but they do still have brakes and the engine/motor braking from the electric motor and gear train will be high
some also have a recharge unit similar to f1 cars   my forklift at work even has the recharge unit and you can adjust it so when you lift of the go pedal it charges more and that slows the truck down a lot
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
07-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Find Reply