NORTHERN IRELAND'S GARETH KEYS IN LINE TO MAKE TT DEBUT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
NORTHERN IRELAND'S GARETH KEYS IN LINE TO MAKE TT DEBUT
[Image: ttmonsterlogobig.jpg]

Highly promising Northern Ireland road racer Gareth Keys will make his debut at the 2015 Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy.

The 24-year old will contest the Monster Energy Supersport and Bike Nation Lightweight Races for the B&W Racing team, riding Honda and Kawasaki machinery respectively.

Having spent his formative years on the national short circuit scene the Lisburn resident, nephew of former TT regular Trevor Keys, has enjoyed a considerable rise through the road racing ranks in the last two seasons. Highlights include strong results at the Ulster Grand Prix, where he won the 250cc category on his debut in 2013, the North West 200 and Oliver's Mount, Scarborough, where he took a race victory in 2014.

In addition to the famous 250cc win at Dundrod in 2013, he also scored a notable ninth place finish in that year's Superstock Race, lapping the high speed 7.4-mile circuit at over 123mph during the Superbike race on the ex-Keith Amor BMW. He followed that up last year with a solid 15th in the Supersport Race.

His North West 200 debut in 2014 saw him take tenth place in the Supertwin Race and he put in consistent performances throughout the season at Oliver's Mount including a first place in the Cock o' the North Superbike B final. He also took a pair of top ten finishes in the Superbike Races at the corresponding meeting.

Keys took first and second places in the Cookstown 100 Superbike B Races in his native Northern Ireland with top six finishes in the Lightweight class at the Bush and Armoy Road Races.

B&W Racing, run by Brain Hull, has considerable experience at the TT and the other International road races having worked with Scottish ace Keith Amor for a number of seasons, helping him to numerous race wins and podiums.

[Image: garethkeys1.jpg]

Speaking about his forthcoming TT debut, Gareth said:

"I am really excited about racing in the TT in 2015. It is the culmination of a long held dream and I am putting everything I have into making sure when I get to the event I am as well prepared as I can possibly be. I'm watching the on board laps constantly, playing the Playstation game and have made a number of trips across to the Island to try and increase my circuit knowledge. I am very grateful for the support I have had from the TT organisers with regards to my preparation and all of my sponsors who are putting so much into my TT effort."

02-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Website Find Reply