Team ILR - On the Roads in 2015
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Team ILR - On the Roads in 2015
[Image: lougherplainlogo.jpg]

Team ILR (Ian Lougher Racing) are pleased to announce that they will renew their partnership with Dan Hegarty on the roads in 2015.

Hegarty rode for the team at the Isle of Man TT last year and gave a good account of himself with 21st in the Superstock race his best result and averaging over 120mph with a fastest lap of 122.434 mph.

As part of a working relationship between Team ILR and Downshift Motorsport, Dan will again compete on the Team ILR Superstock machine on the island, and in addition to this he will have the bike at his disposal for the Spring National at Oliver's Mount in April, the Southern 100 in July, the Ulster Grand Prix at Dundrod in August and again at Scarborough in the Gold Cup meeting in September.

Hegarty is training hard for the upcoming season in which he will also compete for Downshift Motorsport in the National Superstock 1000 Championship where he will be partnered by James East who rode for Team ILR at selected rounds of the series last season.

[Image: lougherhegarty1.jpg]
Ian Lougher with Dave Hopkinson and Dan Hegarty at the 2014 Isle of Man TT races.
Photo: Team ILR

Team ILR manager Ian Lougher :

''At Team ILR we have always had the ethos of bringing on and nurturing new up and coming talent, whether it be on the short circuits or pure road race tracks, and I see Dan as someone in that category.

Last year I could see Dan's fitness was a small problem, largely down to a previous arm injury, and this was holding him back. This season a lot more riding leading up to the Isle of Man festival and competing in a few more races should see him sharp and raring to go.

I'm personally really looking forward to working with Dan again, he will be a Newcomer at Scarborough, the Southern 100 and the Ulster GP, but he's a fast learner with a mature head on his shoulders, so that shouldn't deter him in any way.''

Dan Hegarty :

''I'm delighted to be able to work with Ian Lougher and his team once again.

Last year's bike was faultless and Ian's guidance helped me in many ways. Now that we have established this relationship we can build on it and keep progressing through the ranks.''
10-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Website Find Reply