Race bosses gearing up for TT 2015
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
RE: Race bosses gearing up for TT 2015
You do get the front runners bunching up because they don't go out on qualifying times as they should , what is good for one SHOULD be good for all , in my book but we have been through all this before , and I fully accept that I am in a minority of one on here but seem to be on the same wavelength as the officials sort of all most ,

11-03-2015, 04:38 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Yes Eddy as you say " We have Been Through This All Before"

I think this thread is going off track and is starting to go down the route where one other Thread that was on here ended up being locked off and eventually deleted, (albeit accidentally), because it just went round and round in circles with no conclusions being reached.

Let's not repeat what went before.

Malcolm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Website Find Reply
sticky Online
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
Just about to say the same thing.  This is in no way a safety issue.  The question is whether the entry is at a high point or not compared to previous years (or even eras).

I think it was on the Nostalgia forum that someone posted an entry list from the early 90s for the British championship - what was the equivalent of the BSB now.  Many of the riders were current or previous TT competitors.  My take on this is that the quality of the TT entry is dictated to very heavily by the quality of riders in other championships.  Imagine a scenario say in say ten years time where the BSB entry quality has fallen away, then it's likely that the quality of the TT entry would be impacted (and before anyone gets into a discussion how that that could never happen to BSB - this is a theoretical scenario!)

Currently then the TT organisers have a good crop of potential riders at their disposal.  It may not be so at some point in the future.  It may also get better of course!
11-03-2015, 05:29 PM
Website Find Reply