TT Launch; Your Thoughts ??
SeamasRC30 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
TT Launch; Your Thoughts ??
So, what are your thoughts on last night's launch ?
18-03-2015, 08:54 AM
Find Reply
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
RE: TT Launch; Your Thoughts ??
Enjoyed it, glad they stuck with racing related presenters this year, that other bloke from Blue Peter was a bit out of his depth last year.
18-03-2015, 09:36 AM
Find Reply
y2blade Offline

Threads: 13
Enjoyed it.

For those that missed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE9DKyVSOgU
18-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
I really enjoyed it. Pleasantly suprised that the riders were talking as they felt. I would have thought as the TT moves onto a more F1 level of professionalism, they would be pressurised into being more 'pc' by teams and organisers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
18-03-2015, 10:34 AM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
Not that I really needed it but it's really got me in the mood. Still seems a long way off 'til Cookstown starts the season next month though!

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
18-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Find Reply
MackieStaggie Offline

Threads: 0
I really enjoyed the format, Steve Parish seemed a bit lost at times but that's some of the charm, I thought Jamie Whitham was superb however.

My only grumble would be that I could only stream it at 360p, which looks terrible on a large screen, would love to see them stream at 760p if possible.
18-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Find Reply
Baldy Gaz Offline
Banned

I enjoyed it, better picture quality than last year and the content was very good. The presenters were also very good. Really getting in the mood now. Crazydance
19-03-2015, 11:10 PM
Find Reply
NB12 Offline

Always cringe at some of the smutty stuff. Like to see people being themselves, but it's almost like it's expected of some now and they are trying to behave to expectations. It's not funny, it's childish. Dave Johnson dropped the F word and that was an honest slip of the tongue, didn't matter he came across well enough.
@neilbrownNB12
20-03-2015, 04:34 PM
Find Reply
Albert Offline

********* seems to be the theme of the humour. It was mildly naughty a few years back but getting a bit old hat now. It's the same predictable 'humour' each year.

Well worth watching though. I watched it online and was impressed with the whole thing.

Absolutely no need for such language on this Forum.

Do NOT  do that again.

Malcolm.
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2015, 01:43 PM by Malcolm.)
20-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Find Reply
Timmy594 Offline

Threads: 4
I enjoyed it. Got me in the mood. A couple of them even went up a little in my estimation.
21-03-2015, 02:27 PM
Find Reply
JM130TT Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Thought it was cool, boys and girls worked real hard to get in back online after a technical issue. Had a couple of guinness's enjoyed watching the couple of cheeky TV clips and listening to everybody's craic. Sorry if there was a couple of bits that offended anybody. Think it's going to be an epic battle between the boys. Can't wait, see you there!
21-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Find Reply
Albert Offline

Always good to have you back on the Island JM. I was impressed with the whole thing.

Looks like I've used words that offended Malcolm though (see above). Maybe Malcolm doesn't quite 'get' some of the craic. But yeah, it was an overall brilliant event and has fired up TT2015 nicely.

Roll on.

I do "GET" the craic, as you put it, however what I don't get is using profanities in a public Forum that is viewed by people from all over the world and of all ages who are here to discuss and learn matters related to the TT.

If you use language that offends someone while being present in a public place, expect to be rebuked for it on here. 

Trying to get around the T&C's by putting a few *&!'s in the middle of the offending words really IS still swearing and I will have no hesitation in editing out such profanities or ultimately deleting the post. 

Yet again, someone else who has never bothered to read the Terms & Conditions of using these Forums.

Malcolm.
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2015, 05:23 PM by Malcolm.)
21-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Find Reply
Ken37.73 Offline

I've watched it twice now beamed onto the TV with screen mirroring (very good for watching YouTube if you've never tried it) and I am now counting down the days. Roll on TT 2015.
21-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Find Reply
Albert Offline

I have always attended the TT Launch as I live nearby, but this year I went all technical and watched it from home.

I commandeered the big screen with the computer on Youtube and used the laptop for tuning into the Twitter feeds. It was excellent once the technical difficulties (at both ends) were sorted.

The guys were brilliant and it is wonderful to see the human side of our heros!

I do have to say though, that although I could explain to family members what was going on and what was being discussed most of the time (they are all football fiends and I have to ask them what is going on when they have the footie on) there were a couple of moments when I was not able to fully explain, such as sitting on the hedge at Rhen Cullen or bringing an injured wrist back into full use. But it was all good craic, as they say. Although I wonder if our TT heros would be so welcome with their antics on this forum.

Nonetheless, an excellent evening and I thoroughly enjoyed it from the comfort of my computer. Roll on TT 2015, I'll be there, The Isle of Man TTs Number One Fan.

(This post was last modified: 24-03-2015, 12:04 PM by Albert.)
24-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Find Reply