Michael Rutter confident of North West 200 challenge
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Michael Rutter confident of North West 200 challenge
[Image: rutterattt.jpg]

Thirteen-times North West 200 winner Michael Rutter says he is far from finished as the veteran racer targets more success on the Triangle circuit in May.

Rutter has joined Rico Penzkofer’s Penz13.com team to ride BMW S1000RR Superbike and Superstock machines this season with backing from Bathams.

He will be joined in the team by Crumlin man Stephen Thompson and Canadian Dan Kruger.

Rutter is level with Joey Dunlop on the all-time winners’ list at the North West, only two behind Robert Dunlop, the most successful rider ever in the history of the event.

His last victory came in the Superstock race in 2012 but Rutter feels he still has another victory in him at the North West 200 and Macau, where he has won a record eight times.

“I am not finished yet – especially not with the North West and Macau, where I would like to add another win even though the competition isn’t getting any easier,” he said.

“The TT is a bit of different story but I am looking forward to going around the Mountain Course with the bikes I will have and the team behind me.

“I am targeting top-six finishes; there is still a lot of work to do at all ends for the team and myself, but I can fully focus on the job now after everything has been sorted.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White
20-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Website Find Reply