Just in case you were thinking of popping over for Easter!
panman Offline

Threads: 10
Just in case you were thinking of popping over for Easter!
The Mountain Road will be closed for a week during the Easter school holidays to enable work to take place ahead of the TT Races.

Work will include lining, ditching and sign maintenance, plus the resurfacing and re-profiling of the carriageway on the Keppel Gate section of the course.
The road will close between Creg-ny-Baa and Ramsey Hairpin at 8am on Easter Monday, April 6, and reopen at 6pm on Sunday, April 12, sooner if the works allow.
Infrastructure Minister Phil Gawne MHK said: ‘I would like to thank people in advance for their patience and co-operation while this scheme takes place.’

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-m...-1-7170414
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Route 66 Blog: www.thehandys.co.uk/blog 
24-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Website Find Reply
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Just in case you were thinking of popping over for Easter!
(24-03-2015, 05:54 PM)panman Wrote: The Mountain Road will be closed for a week during the Easter school holidays to enable work to take place ahead of the TT Races.

Work will include lining, ditching and sign maintenance, plus the resurfacing and re-profiling of the carriageway on the Keppel Gate section of the course.
The road will close between Creg-ny-Baa and Ramsey Hairpin at 8am on Easter Monday, April 6, and reopen at 6pm on Sunday, April 12, sooner if the works allow.
Infrastructure Minister Phil Gawne MHK said: ‘I would like to thank people in advance for their patience and co-operation while this scheme takes place.’

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-m...-1-7170414

I'll be interested to see the extent of the "re profiling" at Keppel Gate, I doubt it'll be a big change given the time available and the rest of the work required, but a metre off the inside verge there could be worth a fraction off the lap time.
25-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Just in case you were thinking of popping over for Easter!
Was there not a couple of incidents there because of the high banking perhaps they are re-profiling the bank rather than the road.
25-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Find Reply