MARTIN & DUNLOP TO DEBUT TYCO BMW MACHINERY AT COOKSTOWN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MARTIN & DUNLOP TO DEBUT TYCO BMW MACHINERY AT COOKSTOWN
[Image: tycoboysprecookstown.jpg]

Tyco BMW is delighted to announce that Guy Martin and William Dunlop will make their Irish road racing debuts for the 2015 season, at the upcoming KDM Cookstown 100 Road Races on April 24 & 25.

“Supporting our local event is always of paramount importance when the calendar allows,” said team manager Philip Neill. Who also explained the importance of showcasing the new team livery and BMW Motorrad machinery at Cookstown.

“We are always very aware of our local supporters and how little they get to see us race at home these days, due to our British championship commitments. Taking that into consideration and with Cookstown being right on our doorstep, it’s always a pleasure to turn out at the event, which is well organised and has a great atmosphere, being the opening Irish national event of the season.”

Speaking of his first Irish outing for the Moneymore based team, Martin explained: “Yeah, Cookstown is always a great way to blow off the winter cobwebs and having already tested the BMW in Spain, I’m really looking forward to it now.”

He then said of the opening road race of the season: “I missed last year and quite a bit of good racing from what I hear, so it’ll be a good way to roll out the big BMW for the first time. Yeah it’ll be mint and I’m sure a few of the other top boys will turn up for a decent bit of racing.”

William Dunlop is also looking forward to getting back to the Orritor circuit and explained: “Although we did have some success, I was disappointed to lose out on the big bike win last year on corrected time, so it’s a great incentive to go back to Cookstown next month. It is a great little circuit and the Club put on a top event, so I’ll being doing my best to try to notch up my first win for Tyco BMW.

“We had a great test in Spain recently and I really enjoyed riding the S1000RR, so it’s time to add in a few lumps and bumps at a national road race, but I’m sure we will can put on a decent show and the fans turn out in force to see us.”

[Image: tycobmwlogo.jpg]
26-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Website Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: MARTIN & DUNLOP TO DEBUT TYCO BMW MACHINERY AT COOKSTOWN
Does say they will be making their IRISH road debuts but there again we have seen this about Guy coming to The Mount all before!!!!!
26-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Find Reply
Timmy594 Offline

Threads: 4
And how many times have they advertised (for want of a better word) riders for Olivers that never turn up anyway?
27-03-2015, 12:54 AM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
(26-03-2015, 11:45 PM)Nev14 Wrote: Does say they will be making their IRISH road debuts but there again we have seen this about Guy coming to The Mount all before!!!!!
yes you are right there Nev it does say Irish , my mistake, I was trying to multitask when I read that article and on reading it again should have kept my gob shut , nowt fresh there then , 
I have deleted the post as I would not want people to like me get it wrong and cause any problems for the Auto 66 

(This post was last modified: 27-03-2015, 10:56 AM by Steady the Edward.)
27-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Find Reply
Deek Offline

Threads: 0
Great meeting at Cookstown, been going for years. It is the first run out for the Irish National racers and it is great to see the sparkling machinery on the grid. And, at the grid there is a pub...happy days. Pleased to read TAS wil be turning up (they always do) with their new bikes. I look forward to seeing Guy and William against the likes of Derek Shiels and Derek McGee. The two Derek's were brilliant last year. Maybe Ryan will show up too? Not matter, best of luck to all competitors. I take great interest in all the guys who have the b*lls to do it. First or last, it doesn't matter. I will be waving my chip supper bag!
27-03-2015, 12:22 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
I would so love to go to some of the Irish races but it always boils down to money , I could only do it if I miss out on things elsewhere, what's the word I am looking for oh ye I know , compromise , that's the one

27-03-2015, 01:45 PM
Find Reply