Milwaukee Yamaha Sizes Up British Superbike Title Challenge
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee Yamaha Sizes Up British Superbike Title Challenge
[Image: milwakeeyamahahdr2015.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha’s performance in the 2015 MCE British Superbike Championship has been much anticipated by the media. Thankfully, after the shakedown test in Alcarràs earlier this month, another test at Cartagena and the official test at Donington Park last week, the wait is almost over; the 2015 BSB challenge is about to kick off at Donington Park this Easter weekend (4/5/6 April). Yamaha Racing decided to catch up with Milwaukee Yamaha Team Manager Mick Shanley and riders Josh Brookes and Broc Parkes and ask them about their thoughts on the upcoming season.

Josh Brookes

What are your feelings towards the Milwaukee Yamaha team?

“This is my second season with Milwaukee so I am really familiar with the team and the group of people I have working with me. This really gives me the freedom to be myself; ride the way I want to ride and be the person I want to be on the racetrack. The mechanical side and the preparation side of the machine is all done without fear of it needing more work, so it’s just up to me to do the job.”

Click HERE to read the full interview with Josh Brookes.

Broc Parkes 

What’s it like to have Josh Brookes as your teammate?

“I think having Josh as a teammate is good. He’s been in British Superbike for six years, so he’s got the experience. I’m basically going into his backyard and his team and we get along really well. We did the Suzuka eight hour last year and had the same opinion on a lot of the set-up. Hopefully we can work together and he can help me out a little bit at places where I have to learn some quite difficult tracks, so we can get the YZF-R1 to the front of the field. That would be our priority.”

Click HERE to read the full interview with Broc Parkes.

Mick Shanley – Team Manager 

What are Milwaukee’s strongest points?

“I think Milwaukee’s strongest point is the package we have together with Yamaha. We have worked really hard as a team and with Yamaha to get a bike that works well at most circuits. If you have a rider that’s willing to try and adapt his riding a little bit, the Yamaha can be a really strong package. We have had some really good successes over the years and hopefully we can carry that on with the new model. As a team we have gelled well and we’re always willing to push hard, look for new solutions and find answers to problems. We’ve got a really exciting line-up for this season with Josh and Broc, and I think the combination of those two working together on the new bike will be a good success.”

Click HERE to read the full interview with Mick Shanley.

[Image: milwaukeebike.jpg]
02-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Website Find Reply