Positive start to Donington Park opener for Milwaukee Yamaha
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Positive start to Donington Park opener for Milwaukee Yamaha
[Image: milwakeeyamahahdr2015.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team had a positive start to the opening round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Donington Park as Josh Brookes and Broc Parkes prepare for their first race onboard the new generation R1.

The pair continued moving forward following their winter preparations at the recent test and after the opening two free practice sessions at the Leicestershire circuit, both riders were feeling confident of the initial steps made again today. Brookes and Parkes ended the opening day in sixth and tenth respectively.

Josh Brookes, 6th, 1m:30.71s

“I was a bit surprised to be second this morning because the bike is still a long way from where it can be in its current form. We are expecting the bike to get better as the year goes on as it is a new, I didn’t feel I was trying too hard and it wasn’t behaving perfectly.

“This afternoon for the greater good we have made changes, which weren’t good for this afternoon’s timing sheet but the idea is to work out where we can improve and move forward. It has to be tried to see the effect and ultimately to go quicker you have to try polar extremes to see what difference it makes and then use the information.

"In a way we sacrificed a session this afternoon, but we have tried left and right of where we are to improve. Now we have to fine tune and leave options to adjust ready for qualifying. It’s not dramatic; we have just been trying different things. It felt like doing homework today but it was a valuable and will put us in a better position for tomorrow.”

Broc Parkes, 10th, 1m:30.944s

“I am pretty happy with things today. The bike felt better, but we will keep chipping away with it. I feel like now, when I have to put it on the line I am more comfortable to give that bit extra.  After the test session here last week we discussed a plan to move forwards and we have worked much better and I have felt more comfortable straight away with the improvements we have made.  We have not had to push for it today – I knew that I was little cautious in the morning but now we will be ready to roll for qualifying tomorrow so we are in the best position we can be for the races on Monday.”  

[Image: brookesatdonnyfp1.jpg]

04-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Website Find Reply