Smith and Espargaro head stateside ready for COTA thriller
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Smith and Espargaro head stateside ready for COTA thriller
[Image: tech3greenhdr.jpg]

Fresh from competing in the intense season opener a fortnight ago, the Monster Yamaha Tech3 Team duo Pol Espargaro and Bradley Smith head to the Circuit of the America's prepared for round two of the 2015 MotoGP world Championship this weekend. The anti clockwise 5.5 kilometre long Texan circuit impressively has nearly 41 metres of elevation change on the pit straight and will host its third MotoGP race since its introduction to the calendar in 2013.

Having finished in 5th position in last year's GP in Texas, Bradley Smith heads to the south west optimistic and confident of being able to follow up his hard fought 8th place finish at Qatar where he was a blink of an eye behind the fastest satellite bike. Meanwhile, Pol Espargaro will be looking to produce another determined performance and clinch a top result in front of the enthusiastic American fans having enjoyed his first visit to the track on the Yamaha YZR-M1 last year, where he finished in 6th position.

Bradley Smith  -  Championship : 8th  Points : 8 

"'Now it's time to head across the Atlantic to Texas which is a special race and certainly an event that everyone looks forward to, so I can't wait to jump on the Yamaha and get going. I like the track with its good mixture of tight and meandering corners plus the big climb on the pit straight is awesome to experience! I scored a good result here last year in which I finished in 5th as well as being the leading Yamaha, plus after the good start to the season which we had in Qatar, I'm feeling confident. To complete the Qatar race only half a second back from Cal was encouraging, albeit a little annoying as I was so close to being the fastest satellite MotoGP rider. Nevertheless, I'm optimistic that we will be fighting in that position again on Sunday and I am ready to hit Texas at full speed."

Pol Espargaro  -  Championship : 9th  Points : 7 

"I am very excited to be heading back to America to race at the Circuit Of The America's which is an incredible track and really good fun to ride. Last year I had quite a good run in the race where I finished in 6th position. However, it's plain to see how much more competitive the MotoGP field is this year and the last race in Qatar where everything was so close was the first example of this. We had a few issues there, but we did our best to recover and ended up in 9th. However, this time we've got to hit the ground running so that we can make the most of the available practice time to get a strong setup for the race on Sunday. I am positive and remain convinced that we can have a better weekend this time and challenge to be the leading satellite bike, but it will be no easy task. Still, the crowd is always brilliant in Texas and their support will spur me on."

Hervé Poncharal - Team manager :

"The season is well and truly underway and next up is the always entertaining race at the fantastic Circuit Of The America's. The facilities are superb and the track can hold up to 120,000 fans so we hope to see many of them this weekend. My expectations for the race on Sunday remain similar to what we hoped for and also achieved in Qatar. Everybody can see how tight the field is this year and the entire grid is much closer together now and super competitive. This is great for the fans although it makes things a bit more difficult for us. Nevertheless, both guys did a really good job last time and for them to finish just thirteen seconds back from the leader was impressive. Therefore, we expect a similar result here in the 21 lap sprint, especially after the strong finishes that both of them had last year."

08-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Website Find Reply