APRILIA - WORLD SUPERBIKE ARRIVES IN EUROPE FOR THE SPANISH ROUND AT ARAGON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
APRILIA - WORLD SUPERBIKE ARRIVES IN EUROPE FOR THE SPANISH ROUND AT ARAGON
[Image: apriliaprearagon.jpg]

After the first two rounds in Australia and Thailand, World Superbike arrives in Europe for the Spanish weekend at Motorland de Aragon. Team Aprilia Racing - Red Devils turns up at the first continental round after collecting a win and three second place finishes with Leon Haslam in the first four races. The English rider, now lying second in the overall standings, proved from his first few yards on the tarmac that he is in perfect harmony with the Aprilia RSV4, the bar setting bike in recent SBK seasons with 7 world titles won since 2010.

On the fast and spectacular Spanish track the duo will once again be making a play for the top spots, but they'll have to reckon with some particularly fierce competition. In fact, based on performance thus far in the championship, the competitive level of the 2015 WSBK season is decidedly high.

Leon Haslam:

“It has been a rather long break and now I can't wait to get back onto the track. Aragon is a circuit where I have personally struggled in the past, but at the same time the Aprilia has always been fast here and this year we'll be using the GP track which seems to be better. So I hope I can improve on my personal statistics!”

After just missing the podium in the Thai races, Jordi Torres wants to take advantage of his "home" round to continue improving. As a rookie in World Superbike the Spaniard took the first two rounds to familiarise himself with a bike that is brand new for him, in any case bringing home encouraging results and showing consistent progress. The Motorland de Aragon track, one that Jordi knows well, could be the ideal place to ride his RSV4 RF to a podium finish.

Jordi Torres:

"I'm happy to be racing my first European round at home, in front of my Spanish fans. I know the Aragon circuit well, but I'll have to be clever enough to figure out how a Superbike should be ridden at Motorland, adapting my points of reference quickly. This is a very important round because the characteristics of the track may let me take another step forward in terms of riding style. There are some tight turns, other wider ones and direction changes, plus the track is long and very complex. I think that working well on this track will be an advantage for the rest of the season. We have already made good progress, but this weekend will be a sort of final exam for me and my riding style."

[Image: apriliahdr.jpg]
09-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Website Find Reply