Dream debut for Ulster team Mar-Train Yamaha and Dean Harrison
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dream debut for Ulster team Mar-Train Yamaha and Dean Harrison
[Image: martrain2015logo.jpg]

Dean Harrison powered the all-new Yamaha YZF-R1M to its maiden road racing victory at Oliver’s Mount, Scarborough after clinching victory in the first leg of the Senior Superbike race on Saturday.

It was a dream start to the season for Northern Ireland team Mar-Train Racing, with Harrison spearheading Yamaha UK’s official roads challenge in Tim Martin’s Lisburn outfit after penning a two-year deal with the 2013 British Supersport champions.

Harrison overcame formidable opposition including Tyco BMW’s Guy Martin and Lee Johnston (Burdens BMW) to emerge victorious by more than two-and-a-half seconds on the sweet-sounding Yamaha at the 2.4-mile woodland course in north Yorkshire.

The Bradford rider also finished on the rostrum in the first Junior race in third on the Yamaha R6 behind RC Express Racing’s Ivan Lintin and Fermanagh man Johnston (Triumph), setting the fastest lap of the race, but was out of luck in the first leg of the feature Spring Cup event, retiring on lap three.

[Image: deanharrisonwin1.jpg]

“I’m really pleased with that, I was disappointed with the 600 result earlier and really wanted to give both the team and Yamaha a win on the R1,” said Harrison.

“I knew the bike had the pace so pushed to hit the front early and see if I could pull away. It is especially pleasing when you look at the quality of riders behind me and also the times we are all doing given the conditions and time of year.

“I felt comfortable at the front and am looking forward to getting back out tomorrow.”

Delighted team boss Martin revealed Harrison is currently using the Superbike chassis and a stock motor, highlighting the potential of the R1M package at such an early stage of the season.

“What a fantastic start to the season,” Martin said. “Dean rode a superb race and showed he really wanted that victory after the disappointment of the Spring Cup race.

“We are using the Superbike chassis with a stock motor at the minute so there is so more to come from the Yamaha R1M package as the season progresses.

“The fact that we have taken a brand new bike and won with it on day one speaks volumes about Yamaha and also the guys in our team.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White
12-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Website Find Reply