Kiyonari vows to strike back at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyonari vows to strike back at Brands Hatch
[Image: kiyoprebrands1.jpg]

Three-time MCE Insurance British Superbike champion Ryuichi Kiyonari has vowed to strike back at Brands Hatch this weekend (17/18/19 April) for the second round of the season after the double disappointment of the opening races at Donington Park.

Kiyonari had set the pace in qualifying for the Buildbase BMW team, but in the opening race he dropped down the order to 14th before crashing out of race two whilst battling in the leading group.

Now the Japanese ace has his sights solely focused on a podium return at Brands Hatch as he bids to kick start his campaign for a fourth British title.

Kiyonari said:

"I couldn't believe the races at Donington Park, especially after practice and qualifying. In race one I am still not sure what the problem was, but something was wrong. I felt better in race two but then I think I got a bit excited. We had tried hard in every session to have a good pace for the race and then we didn't have good results and I was disappointed.

"I want to fight again for podiums and for wins. Everybody is so strong and it is so close this year that a little problem, makes a big difference. I think the rest of the season will be even closer, so we know we need to work hard if we want to win - and I always want to win!

"We had our first test of the season at Brands Hatch and I remember that feeling; I don't think it is an advantage, but it will help when we start practice. I know I have to get podiums at Brands Hatch after not having good results at Donington Park. I think this makes me want to try even harder this weekend."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
14-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Website Find Reply