JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI HEAD ‘HOME’ AS MCE BRITISH SUPERBIKES REACHES BRANDS HATCH
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI HEAD ‘HOME’ AS MCE BRITISH SUPERBIKES REACHES BRANDS HATCH
[Image: jgspeedfitbighdr.jpg]

After taking their debut MCE British Superbike Championship win at the opening round of the 2015 season last weekend, the GBmoto prepared JG Speedfit Kawasaki team head to their ‘home’ circuit this weekend where riders James Ellison and James Westmoreland will be looking to secure further silverware.

With Brands Hatch being the closest circuit to both the GBmoto and JG Speedfit headquarters, the team will enjoy significant support from local fans at the Kent circuit this weekend. It was an emotional opening round for the team last time out as James Ellison took their debut win in the MCE British Superbike Championship. Unfortunately on the other side of the garage, technical gremlins meant James ‘Westy’ Westmoreland was unable to show his true potential, however with the team fully rebuilding the bike he is now ready to come out fighting at Brands.

At just 1.2 miles long, the Brands Hatch Indy circuit is one of the shortest on the calendar and with the largest ever entry in the blue-riband class, securing a good qualifying position will be vital. Acting as the opening round last season, the Indy circuit proved a fruitful weekend for the GBmoto team as they marked their debut weekend with Kawasaki by securing three podiums. Following on from the win at Donington, both riders will be looking to secure more silverware in Sunday’s two 30 lap races.

Looking to secure his first ever ‘double’ this weekend, James Ellison said, “It was mega to get GBmoto and JG Speedfit’s first ever BSB win at Donington Park last time out. It’s just a shame we had a small technical problem ahead of the second race which put us to the back of the grid. It was one of those things no one could have predicted but taking positives from it, I was still matching the pace of the leaders and the team has made the battery more accessible so we can change it in a matter of seconds now!

I’m really looking forward to getting going at Brands Hatch. We had a great weekend on the Indy track last year and secured two podiums, so even though the bike has changed considerably since then, it’s a real boost that I can turn up Friday and use those settings as a base – something I’ve never been able to do before. Obviously with the number of riders on the grid, it’s going to be very busy out on track but the plan is to qualify well and if we can do that, I’m confident we can challenge for the team’s and my first ever ‘double’ win!”

Despite being forced to retire in both races at Donington, James Westmoreland is ready to come out fighting at Brands Hatch, “The Indy circuit has always traditionally been the opening round of the year, so after the problems at Donington I’m treating it as just that! Obviously not finishing both races was far from ideal, but mechanical problems are not something the team is known for so I know it was a one off. They’ve worked incredibly hard since Donington to completely rebuild the bike which means we can come out fighting and get the results we know we can.

Qualifying is always important, but it’s going to be vital to get through to the final session this weekend as with that many riders on the grid and the short nature of the circuit, times are going to be so close and we can’t afford to lose time fighting through the field. I quite like the Indy circuit and the team proved last year the ZX-10R can run at the front here so I’ll be looking to get a good setting Friday, qualify well Saturday and then get some results Sunday!”

Team Manager Mike Kane said,

“Donington was certainly a mix of highs and lows! We went from the joy -of taking our first win to having both riders suffer rare, unpredictable technical problems. The team have not only rebuilt both bikes, but they’ve taken steps to ensure we don’t have this problem again so I know both riders will be able to come out swinging this weekend and get the results we’ve proven we can achieve. 

Brands Hatch is GBmoto’s ‘home’ event as a team, which ties in nicely with sponsors JG Speedfit and Global Reach Partners, as it’s also their home track too! It means both James and Westy will enjoy lots of support around the circuit – hopefully on their way to standing on the podium!”

MCE British Superbike Calendar 2015

4/5/6 April                     -Donington Park GP (Leicestershire) 
17/18/19April                -Brands Hatch Indy (Kent) 
2/3/4 May                     -Oulton Park International (Cheshire) 
19/20/21 June              -Snetterton 300 (Norfolk) 
3/4/5 July                      -Knockhill (Fife) 
17/18/19 July                -Brands Hatch GP (Kent) 
31 July - 1/2 August       -Thruxton (Hampshire) 
21/22/23 August            -Cadwell Park (Lincolnshire) 
4/5/6 September            -Oulton Park International (Cheshire) 
18/19/20 September      -TT Circuit Assen (The Netherlands) 
2/3/4 October                 -Silverstone GP (Northamptonshire) 
16/17/18 October           -Brands Hatch GP (Kent) 
14-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Website Find Reply