BENNETTS SUZUKI GEARED-UP FOR BRANDS HATCH
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BENNETTS SUZUKI GEARED-UP FOR BRANDS HATCH
[Image: joshwatersprebrands.jpg]
Josh Waters

The Bennetts Suzuki team is Brands Hatch bound for the second round of the MCE British Superbike Championship this weekend, after a positive debut showing last time out at Donington Park.

Despite being under the weather at the opening round, Christian Iddon showed both his and the Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000's potential with an excellent fifth place in race two, and will be looking to continue that form and push for podium finishes this weekend on the Brands Hatch Indy circuit.

His team-mate Josh Waters spent much of the Donington Park round struggling with set-up on his GSX-R1000, but still made positive steps over the course of the weekend. The double Australian Superbike Champion and the team have continued the hard work they started at the opening round, and will arrive at Brands Hatch with an improved package.

Christian Iddon:

"I quite like the Brands Indy circuit. It's a funny little track and I expect everyone to be close on lap times. It also means we can get plenty of laps in and hopefully get a good set-up early on. We had some issues at Donington that didn't allow me to be consistent, but we made some small changes for race two which helped no end, so I'm interested to see if they work for Brands. If they do we'll have a really good base-setting to work from. We want to be pushing for wins, but I'll be happy this weekend with two solid finishes if we keep progressing the bike. But once we have it right I don't see any reason why we can't be at the front."

Josh Waters:

"I'm looking forward to it this weekend. It's a small circuit but you get to do lots of laps in practice as it's such a low lap time, which is good for us as we still have some issues to work out. The team has worked hard since Donington and we can see where we were struggling, so they have some ideas to try this weekend and hopefully we'll make a big step. But I'm looking forward to getting back out on the bike. It's going to be tough and it's a hard track to pass on, but we're ready to go."

Jack Valentine - Bennetts Suzuki Team Manager:

"I think it's going to be an exciting weekend and it's going to be a weekend of tight margins. We're relatively pleased with our start from Donington and want to build on that this weekend. We've got two guys who can run at the front when we get the set-up right for them. Our target is to qualify our Yoshimura-powered Bennetts Suzukis on the front two rows on Saturday. It's such a big grid and a strong field, and on such a short track it's important to get away at the start. But if we can do that and move the bike's development on in the right direction, we know we have two riders that are capable of challenging for the podium."

The second round of the British Superbike Championship takes place at Brands Hatch on April 17-19th and marks the first of three visits to the Kentish venue. The first free practice session gets underway at 10:30am on Friday with qualifying Saturday and the two races on Sunday.

15-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Website Find Reply