Ellison feels the power with first Kawasaki H2R UK track demonstration
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ellison feels the power with first Kawasaki H2R UK track demonstration
[Image: ellisononh2r.jpg]

James Ellison thundered around the Brands Hatch Indy circuit this afternoon as he lapped onboard the supercharged Kawasaki H2R - the UK's first track demonstration of the new machine.

Ellison got on track onboard the 326bhp weapon ahead of today's MCE BSB Datatag Qualifying session and was left buzzing when he returned to pitlane.  

Ellison said:

"That was so much fun! I was honoured to be asked to do it; I was really excited to be given the chance. You can't hear anything else but the bike with the supercharger kicking in - it really isn't like anything I have ever experienced before on a motorcycle. The power was unreal, but user friendly.  

"It would be nice to get let loose on a big, open track too - the closest you get was out of Clearways and you come out of there in third and by the time you get to the marshal point on the start/finish straight you are pinned in third gear and click fourth! The rear starts to skate away from you but it is such a nice feeling.

"The supercharger comes in quite early on the RPM, so you have the revs up and it feels like it wants to pull your arms out.  I really, really enjoyed it as it was a fun bike to ride - just awesome."

If you missed the demonstration today there will be another chance tomorrow (Sunday) at 14:00.

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
18-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Website Find Reply