Track conditions improve as Marquez goes third on day one in Argentina
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Track conditions improve as Marquez goes third on day one in Argentina
[Image: repsolhondahdr.jpg]

With more rubber on the track and a cleaner racing line emerging, the times dropped drastically from this morning with Marc bettering his FP1 time of 1’42.605 by over three seconds with his best lap of 1’39.336 on lap 12/15, placing him 3rd in the combined times on this first day. Teammate, Hiroshi, also improved his time of 1’45.688 from this morning by over four seconds with his time of 1’41.380 on lap 16/18, placing him 21st.

FP3 will commence Saturday at 09h55 local time.

Marc Marquez - 3RD 1'39.336 [LAP 12/15]

"I'm pretty happy today even if the track was not in the best condition. In the first session I was sliding around a lot, but in FP2 it was better. Things are gradually improving and we felt progressively more comfortable. I think the key to this weekend will be understanding the evolution of the grip level of the track, and adapting the setup to the changes. But the important thing is that we were able to go out and ride, and we are already at a good level."

Hiroshi Aoyama - 21ST 1'41.380 [LAP 16/18]

“This morning and this afternoon have been difficult for me on the bike. I wasn’t able to get a good feeling or feedback on the bike due to the conditions. FP2 was a little better and we were able to go faster but the position didn’t change that much. It’s not the best way to start this first day but we will analyse the data tonight and try to improve tomorrow.”

[Image: hondaboysargentinafp1.jpg]

18-04-2015, 03:29 PM
Website Find Reply