TT build up
Yamanx Offline

Threads: 12
TT build up
Come on guys, its only a few weeks to go, lets get some atmosphere here with some TT build up stuff. Are your bikes ready? Your kit and camping gear you just threw in the loft after last year.

Well I did just that bunged it all up in the loft, since then its got buried under junk, so in the loft over the weekend, digging it all out and in the workshop ready for inspection etc. Thinking of maybe fitting a rack on my tow bar and bringing a trials bike this year, not sure yet though, need to get it MOT'd first.

I've got my camping permit for Claddagh sorted, so that where we'll stay yet again Smile

Wont be too long until the NW200 and then its really TT time, and some of the great folks out there will start posting the build up pics :0 We hope anyway.

"By all means think yourself big, but never think others small........."  R.F. Scott
22-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Find Reply
STEVEVTR Offline

Threads: 5
RE: TT build up
Well i was ready with my bike , till some numpty broke in to my garage and stole it, i have just replaced it and am in the process of converting it as i am disabled, but should be ready in plenty of time.
Not got as much spending money though lol.
22-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
Got my media pass approved.  Just got to renew my public liability insurance (£5 million! Icon_eek ) and I'm good to go.
22-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Website Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
That's rough , I hate all this bike theft stuff it is far too common these days , time more effort was put in to catching the scum responsible for it , hope you have a great time ,
as for me started getting the bike ready for its mot , took the back wheel out to get a new tyre fitted a d thought that swing arm could do with cleaning up and painting started to give it a wire brush and , ooooooops big hole tap tap two big holes !! oh dear so a replacement arm new bearings in the arm and the wheel while I was at it , busy busy boy , well all done now nice shiny new mot ,
then the insurance company I was with last year won't cover me this year because the bike has more than a £100 worth of extras on it a tank bag and top box ?? well it is a Pan Euro you put things like that on a touring bike !! so go through all the compare rubbish and the nice Mr Bennett covers me for £50 less than I paid last year , so think am now about ready (I did say THINK )

22-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Find Reply
boon345 Offline

Threads: 15
Bike all ready, camping gear sorting, 7 of us coming this year ,cannot wait
22-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Threads: 1
Bike MOT Friday. Service in two weeks time.Just got to get myself sorted but I will be there.
22-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Find Reply

WD40 Nev , reaches parts others can't , no Nev for the bike not for you !! silly man !! lol

23-04-2015, 08:06 AM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Not actually ridden the bike for five months Eddy because of health problems so a squirt of WD40 on my breakfast cornflakes may well do me some good. Hope I remember the gear levers on the left nowadays or I may be in trouble !!!!!
23-04-2015, 09:12 AM
Find Reply
Smidsy Offline
Orange Army - Windy Corner

Just booked the bike I'm taking in for its first MOT, as I know I wont finish the one I wanted to take in time.

Going homestay again, so its just like packing for a weekend away, don't need to get much together, although I always get itchy around now wanting to get the pannier bags out and start packing things I wont use between now and the off.

Hmm will I need some sun tan cream smilie
Probably not.
"I stole these views from the cools kids, so I could fit in."
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, you get old because you stop riding
23-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Find Reply

(23-04-2015, 09:12 AM)Nev14 Wrote: Not actually ridden the bike for five months Eddy because of health problems so a squirt of WD40 on my breakfast cornflakes may well do me some good. Hope I remember the gear levers on the left nowadays or I may be in trouble !!!!!
Have to admit Nev I haven't been out on mine much over the winter this time so we will make a good pair  ,

23-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
Talk about TT build up?
The Nuclear Arms in Heysham (i.e. Duke of Rothesay pub!),
has just put out a 'sandwich board' for TT 2015, extolling the virtues of served breakfast in said establishment from 09.00 every morning!!
23-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Website Find Reply
serowmaster Offline

Threads: 4
anyone tried that double TT spray its like wd 40 a lot of people rate it still don't put it about or everyone will want some smilie

GETTING OLD IS MANDATORY FEELING OLD IS OPTIONAL smilie
23-04-2015, 07:24 PM
Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 21
I hate this thread when I am not going, but doing the MGP on a bike will be a first for me, so looking forward to that.
23-04-2015, 08:18 PM
Find Reply
Kezzr Offline

(23-04-2015, 08:18 PM)dommyman Wrote: I hate this thread when I am not going, but doing the MGP on a bike will be a first for me, so looking forward to that.

You will really enjoy the MGP dommyman I can fully recommend it, we're doing a few days during practice week at the TT but really looking forward to the Manx. We're taking a Benelli 500 and 350 as we have booked some track time at Jurby. Icon_biggrin
23-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Find Reply
Lesq Offline

the Island is getting ready, new surfaces being put down, black and white paint everywhere ;-), not seen any of the safety barriers up yet, won't be long though.

24-04-2015, 07:35 AM
Find Reply
beetroot Offline

Threads: 0
The build up starts the day after the previous years Senior race for us. 4 bikes ready and one to go with riders representing Denmark,Sweden and Australia. Smile
TC Racing- Supporting the MGP and TT for way too long...One more year then were definetly quitting, possibly.. maybe .On second thoughts probably not..
24-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Find Reply
Baldy Gaz Offline
Banned

Threads: 2
I've been watching previous years review DVD's, washing and polishing my bike ready for the mot. Now I'm itching to get my luggage out of the cupboard to start packing it. I'm off work during practice week so I'll be listening to plenty off manx radio and popping over to watch the mananin loading up in Liverpool.
24-04-2015, 12:26 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
The wife has started to take the 'P' out of me as she has seen me checking my 'List of thing to take' last week.
Bike MOT and tax next week!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
24-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Find Reply
Virgil Offline

Threads: 3
(24-04-2015, 12:32 PM)c iom tt Wrote: The wife has started to take the 'P' out of me as she has seen me checking my 'List of thing to take' last week.

Heading down to the Cookstown 100 this weekend to get in the mood !

Some great racing with the Top boys turning up !

Virgil
24-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
(24-04-2015, 12:32 PM)c iom tt Wrote: The wife has started to take the 'P' out of me as she has seen me checking my 'List of thing to take' last week.

I know the feeling, you can't go wrong with a list!

And the bike needs an MOT in the next 2 weeks, didn't realise it only had a month left when I bought it!
24-04-2015, 09:57 PM
Website Find Reply