DAN SAYLE HAS IMPRESSIVE FIRST RUN OUT WITH JOHN HOLDEN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
DAN SAYLE HAS IMPRESSIVE FIRST RUN OUT WITH JOHN HOLDEN
[Image: DanSayleOultonPark1.jpg]

Dan Sayle has had an impressive first run out with John Holden with the pair teaming up to win both races in the opening round of the ACU/FSRA F2 British Championship round at Oulton Park at the weekend. The victories took Holden to 40 wins Dan now has three - his first since winning with Nick Crowe in 2007.

The pair will team up again at this year's Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy with Dan  returning to the sidecar paddock after a year's absence.  The Sulby man will passenger for John Holden after Holden's regular passenger Andrew Winkle withdrew with a suspected broken hand in an incident during the previous World Championship round at Donnington Park.

Sayle has won TT Races with Tim Reeves, Dave Molyneux and Klaus Klaffenbock. His eighth victory came when he teamed up with Tim Reeves in 2013, which made him the joint most successful passenger in history, joining Rick Long on eight victories.

John Holden became the oldest first time TT race winner in the event's history when he won in 2011 at the age of 54 and the Lancashire based racer's Silicone Engineering/Barnes Racing outfit will again be one of the team's to beat with Sayle on board.  Holden took two podium places at the 2014 meeting.

Sayle made his debut in 2002 and took his first podium a year later, partnering Greg Lambert. His first victory came in 2004 when he teamed up with fellow Manxman Dave Molyneux. He also has two victories from the Manx Grand Prix as a solo competitor.

Commenting on his return to the paddock Dan said:

"I've got a huge amount of respect for John and his record at the TT and I think that together we can have a good go at this year's races.  I'm really looking forward to getting back in the sidecar around the Mountain Course and I think we'll be one of the teams to beat. It was good to get a run together at Oulton Park and I already feel that John and I are gelling as a team."

[Image: DanSayleTTwin8.jpg]

This year's Sure Sidecar races boast the largest field for ten years with 70 entries confirmed to start including seven former race winners.

Photocredit:  Picture of John and Dan at Oulton Park - by FSRA  

27-04-2015, 10:46 AM
Website Find Reply