Podium joy for Harrison at Cookstown 100
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Podium joy for Harrison at Cookstown 100
[Image: martrain2015logo.jpg]

Dean Harrison gave Mar-Train racing plenty to cheer on their debut at the Cookstown 100 as he recorded a superb trio of podiums today at the 2.1 mile Orritor circuit. The Bradford rider notched up second and third place finishes in the Supersport class on his YZF-R6 Yamaha before finishing the day with a third place in the grand final on his YZF-R1M.

Fifth on the grid for the Supersport races Harrison was in the mix of the action as he battled with Hamilton and McGee for the runners up spot in each race behind double winner William Dunlop. A broken gear linkage forced the twenty six year old out of the first superbike race but he bounced back in race two to take another podium putting his R1M in third place. Starting from the front of the second group of riders after qualifying 8th the Yamaha UK rider battled with William Dunlop for clear track before setting about chasing down the leaders on corrected time. With no-one to chase however the affable Yorkshire man was unable to make an impression into the four second deficit before a red flag brought an early end to proceedings.

[Image: martrainpodiumcookstown.jpg]

Team principal: Tim Martin

“We’ve had a fantastic day today, Dean rode brilliantly to give us three podiums on our debut here at the Cookstown 100. It was disappointing not to be in the front group for the superbike races as it meant Dean couldn’t chase the leaders on the road but he did well to come through to third in the grand final. The 600 is now fully sorted after the switch to Ohlins so all in all a great day and we leave here well prepared for next month’s North West 200.”

Rider: Dean Harrison

“I’m pleased with that, it’s only my second time here so to come away for a handful of podiums is spot on. I should have had another second in the last supersport race but it was good close racing so I enjoyed it. I had a good battle with William in the grand final but once I got in front I had nothing to chase so it’s a pity we had to start from the second group. Great to get racing in the sun this afternoon given the forecast though so I can’t complain, we had a good day.“

Harrison will now take part in some further testing ahead of the North West 200 which takes place from 10th-16th May. He will be joined at those tests with his Mar-Train team mate for the Internationals, Gary Johnson.

27-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Website Find Reply