Tech3 ready to hit Spanish asphalt at full speed
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Tech3 ready to hit Spanish asphalt at full speed
[Image: tech3greenhdr.jpg]

The Monster Yamaha Tech3 Team riders Bradley Smith and Pol Espargaro return to Europe this weekend for round 4 of the 2015 MotoGP World Championship fully confident of seizing success in the battle at Jerez. After the opening three rounds in Qatar, Texas and Argentina, the MotoGP paddock will embark on the European run, starting in Andalusia at the 4.4 kilometre circuit which is a firm favourite for riders and fans alike. The circuit can accommodate up to 250,00 fans who typically attend the event full of enthusiasm and passion.

Britain’s Bradley Smith who has started his third year aboard the Yamaha YZR-M1 brightly, will determinedly seek to follow up his strong double of two top six finishes in the last two races. Once again, he will aim to fight to finish as the leading satellite rider with another noticeable display at the fast flowing Circuito de Jerez. Young Spanish rider Pol Espargaro will look to storm to a top tier result in front of his home fans and join his teammate in fighting for the honours of the fastest satellite MotoGP rider in Sunday’s 27 lap race. Espargaro has won twice at the circuit in the lower leagues and intends to add another strong finish to his successful tally here.

Bradley Smith  -  Championship : 7th  Points : 28 

"I’m really excited about racing at Jerez this weekend and I aim to continue the positive momentum that I have so far this season. As it’s my third year with the team aboard the Yamaha YZR-M1, I know the bike and the guys all well by now and I know we can be strong here in front of the superb crowd. The start of the year has been great and we’ve been in the hunt for the leading satellite position at every race so far. Now it’s time to take to the European soil and fight for this again. This track has a special place in my heart as I won my first race in the 125cc class in 2009 and I’ve had some other strong results here as well, so this weekend I will be aiming to extend my positive record. The track is fast flowing and as always, Friday and Saturday will be crucial for setting up the bike for Sunday, but we are full of optimism and I can’t wait to start the fight again."

Pol Espargaro  -  Championship : 9th  Points : 15 

"After the first three races, we’re heading back to Europe and for the first GP in my home country, which is always brilliant. The fans really help and motivate me and in Jerez the support is incredible. So I want to repay them with a great show in the race. We have been a bit unlucky in the three opening rounds and couldn't perform at our best, therefore I wasn't able to challenge my teammate. Yet, the team is doing a great job and I feel confident on the bike so overall, I am ready to go and challenge for the positions that I want and need to be in. The track is fast and it’s such good fun to ride on the Yamaha, which really likes the rapid corners. We have a few things to work on, but we will hit the ground running, aim to qualify well and then see what happens. It was nice that we had a few days back at home to relax before we go to Andalusia for round 4 and the first European race, where I feel more confident about competing on these familiar tracks."

Hervé Poncharal - Team manager :

"We’ve had good fun in the first three rounds around the planet and now it’s time to go racing in Europe. We achieved some solid finishes in the fly away races with both riders, even though these races were a bit tricky with the increased competition this year. Brad has done a top job so far and is riding where he should be, whereas Pol has been a little bit unlucky but never gave up, particularly in Argentina where he finished in 8th after qualifying in 18th. This year is the 29th successive season that we have ridden at Jerez so we know the track very well and have lots of data available. With regards to my expectations, I hope for more of the same from Brad after his three strong results and we expect him to fight for the top 6 again. As for Pol who showed great determination at the last round, we know he will give his all this Sunday, like every race, and put in another great effort to finish strongly. The crowd will spur him on and we know both our guys can be strong at the meandering Jerez circuit.."

28-04-2015, 10:04 AM
Website Find Reply