Byrne ready for Bank Holiday battles at Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Byrne ready for Bank Holiday battles at Oulton Park
[Image: shakeyleadskiyo.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne heads the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship standings ahead of this weekend's Bank Holiday (2/3/4 May) third round, but the defending champion admits he won't be happy until he returns to the top step of the podium.

Byrne was victorious in the second race of the season at Donington Park, but after a tough start to the weekend at Brands Hatch by his own expectations, the Kent-based contender is fully focused on extending his six point advantage in the overall standings.

The PBM Kawasaki rider was edged out by Milwaukee Yamaha's Josh Brookes at the official test last week, but arrives in Cheshire feeling confident of the impending battle on Bank Holiday Monday.

Byrne said:

"We had a really positive test last week at Oulton Park and for me that was an ideal way to prepare for this weekend. I obviously lost track time pre-season in Spain when I ejected myself into the scenery, so last Friday felt like a bit of Almeria, Cartagena and Guadix all rolled into one.

"The test was really beneficial to us and we got a lot close to where we need to be, and although it was only a practice day, I was pretty happy with our pace so I left there feeling really positive. The team have done a good job and we have worked on a few areas to give us a direction ahead of the weekend, so fingers crossed we can continue the work we have started and have a good, strong round.

"Oulton Park is a great track, it's one of those places where different bikes have different strengths and weaknesses in different areas so I expect it to be really close there. It would be really nice to come away from Oulton Park with another win, or preferably even two, as the last one we had at Donington seems like a long time ago now!

"I'm working hard and the team are working hard too as Brands Hatch was a real kick in the backside for us and now we need to learn from that, regroup, and take steps forward and hopefully get back to the front again. That definitely is the plan for this weekend although I know it won't come easily!"

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
29-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Website Find Reply