Milwaukee Yamaha aiming high for Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee Yamaha aiming high for Oulton Park
[Image: milwakeeyamahahdr2015.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team arrive in Cheshire this weekend (2/3/4 May) for the third round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship season and both Josh Brookes and Broc Parkes are feeling confident following last Friday’s test at Oulton Park.

Brookes topped the times at the official test, lapping under his own circuit record at Oulton Park in preparation for this weekend. The Australian has had a strong start to his campaign with three podium finishes from the opening four races on the new YZF-R1 and is aiming for more this weekend.

Parkes experienced Oulton Park for the first time at the official test, improving throughout the sessions as he got accustomed to the track ahead of his first races on the 2.69-mile circuit. Parkes is now ready to build on his experiences after hitting the top ten at the previous round of Brands Hatch as he aims to close down his rivals.

[Image: joshbrookesleadsshakey.jpg]

Josh Brookes

“This weekend at Oulton Park is going to be really close. The test last week was really positive for us and I feel that we have a good starting point for this weekend. I expect there is going to be the usual suspects going for the wins on Monday; Ellison has a good history of being fast at Oulton Park and so does Stuart Easton. Then you look at Kiyo who has had good results here in the past, then I hold the lap record, so that puts me into the mix and then obviously there is Shakey.

“It’s going to be a good four or five-way battle at the front for the wins, but we are confident we can make some more improvements and then it is down to me, so there is a bit in myself too.”

Broc Parkes

“We had a good test at Oulton Park which was important for me before the races this weekend. The first time I went out on circuit I really enjoyed it. Everyone warned me before the test about how hard this circuit is to learn because of its characteristics, but it has a great flowing nature and undulations which I really liked.

"I am hoping now we can keep building up through the weekend ready for the races on Monday. The test was a good start so now we need to keep working hard this weekend.”

29-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Website Find Reply