Buildbase BMW looking to kick-start season at Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Buildbase BMW looking to kick-start season at Oulton Park
[Image: kiyotesting.jpg]

The Buildbase BMW Motorrad team heads to Cheshire this bank holiday weekend for the third round of the 2015 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park.   Ryuichi Kiyonari will be looking to build on two solid, fourth places at Brands Hatch two weeks ago. The three-time World Champion has won more British Superbike races at the 1.7-mile circuit than anyone else with eleven victories to his name, and he’s keen to add to that this weekend.   British Superbike rookie Lee Jackson heads to Oulton with experience of the circuit having filled-in for his injured teammate last season. After a tough weekend at Brands Hatch, Jackson will be looking to bounce back with two points scoring finishes.

Ryuichi Kiyonari:

“I’ve won many times at Oulton Park, it is one of my favourite tracks. I will try my best for some good results. I wasn’t happy with the results at Brands but one thing was that we understood our weak points and we can use that to try and improve for Oulton. I’m ready and the machine is ready, we need to have a good weekend.”

Lee Jackson:

“I’m looking forward to Oulton this weekend, I wildcarded on the superbike there last year and finished 15th so I think we can build on that. It’s important to come out of the blocks steady and go from there without making any silly mistakes. We need to improve our qualifying to enable us to have two strong races and hopefully get in the points for the team.”

Steve Hicken, Team Manager:

“After a somewhat steady first two rounds, our season starts this weekend as far as I’m concerned. We’ve shown with Kiyo that we have the pace, we just need to transfer that pace into results in the shape of podiums and wins. We all know he’s capable of it and he’s had some great rides at Oulton before. Lee is looking forward to getting out as he’s already ridden the superbike there, so he’ll have a base to work off. In all, I think we should be able to have a good weekend.”

MCE British Superbikes – Oulton Park

Saturday 2nd May

Free Practice 1          10:10 – 11:00
Free Practice 2          14:40 – 15:30

Sunday 3rd May

Free Practice 3          12:00 – 12:40
Qualifying 1               14:35 – 14:55
Qualifying 2               15:02 – 15:14
Qualifying 3               15:21 – 15:29

Monday 4th May

Warm Up                   09:30 – 09:45
Race 1                          13:30