CRUTCHLOW TAKES SEVENTH SPOT ON JEREZ GRID
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW TAKES SEVENTH SPOT ON JEREZ GRID
[Image: crutchlowjerezquali.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow qualified in seventh place for the Spanish Grand Prix after another encouraging day for the CWM LCR Honda rider at a sun-soaked Jerez de la Frontera circuit.

Just as he did on Friday, the Briton went third fastest in Saturday morning’s free practice session. He was fractionally slower in the Q2 session where he was hampered by a front tyre issue. However, he was still the second quickest Honda rider on the track, trailing only world champion Marc Marquez who is second on the grid, behind pole-sitter Jorge Lorenzo.

Crutchlow – who has been suffering with flu symptoms this week – revealed his physical condition had improved on Saturday and believes the team are capable of a challenging for the top positions in Sunday’s race.

Cal Crutchlow #35 (7th – 1'38.714)

“Today went well, although I was disappointed with the qualifying position but I felt we chose the wrong front tyre for these conditions. It was one of those things and we have to look forward to tomorrow because I think our pace is quite good and I’m optimistic about the finishing position. Hopefully we can have a good race.

“My physical condition is a little bit better today and hopefully will continue to improve tomorrow. I hope to improve my feeling with the bike and then we will work hard as a team and see if we can get a positive result tomorrow.” 

[Image: lcrhondalogo.jpg]
02-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Website Find Reply