SECOND ROW FOR KIYONARI AND BUILDBASE BMW AT OULTON PARK
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SECOND ROW FOR KIYONARI AND BUILDBASE BMW AT OULTON PARK
[Image: kiyoqualioulton.jpg]

The Buildbase BMW Motorrad team enjoyed a positive qualifying day at Oulton Park for Round 3 of the 2015 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, with Ryuichi Kiyonari qualifying fourth on the grid for tomorrow’s first race.

The three-time British Champion has shown strong pace all weekend, including setting the fastest time around the 2.7mile circuit in the damp third free practice.

Fighting at the front throughout all three qualifying sessions, Kiyonari eventually qualified fourth after being knocked off the front row in the closing moments of Q3. Confident with his race pace, the Japanese star says a good start will be key to achieving a strong result in tomorrow’s first race.

Lee Jackson continues to make good progress in his first full season in the superbike class. An impressive lap in Q1 saw him progress through to Q2 for the second time this season. The Lincolnshire teenager will start tomorrow’s first race from 19th on the grid.

Ryuichi Kiyonari, 4th, 1’35.155:

“I’m happy because my lap time is much better than last week’s test. I am confident we can be fast over race distance but it will be important to get a good start. We qualified fourth but we were very, very close to the front. I didn’t see the lap time on my dash so I slowed down a little bit for lap three and when I saw my position I tried to improve but made a small mistake. I’m a little disappointed as my target was front row and we were constantly improving in Q1 and Q2. Tomorrow will be good.”

Lee Jackson, 19th, 1’36.960:

“I’m not as high up on the grid as I’d like to be, in testing I did a 1’36.6 and I did that in Q1 too but I couldn’t quite repeat it which is frustrating. Hopefully we can push on for top 15 tomorrow. I feel we should be a bit further up but ultimately I didn’t quite get that lap and maybe didn’t push as hard as I should have done.”

Steve Hicken, Team Manager:

“The boys have done a good job today. We worked hard in qualifying just to find a good setting for Kiyo as we didn’t really get it going in FP1 and the other two sessions were wet so it was a productive session and I think we’ve got good race pace for tomorrow. With Lee, the aim is to make Q2 which he did. If he’d done a 1’36.9 in any other year he’d have been a lot higher than 20th! To think that you’ve got to do a 1’34 for pole this year is impressive so we’ll take that.”

[Image: buildbaselogo.jpg]
03-05-2015, 07:22 PM
Website Find Reply