CRUTCHLOW CONTINUES GOOD FORM WITH FOURTH PLACE AT JEREZ
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW CONTINUES GOOD FORM WITH FOURTH PLACE AT JEREZ
[Image: crutclowjerez4th.jpg]

CWM LCR Honda rider Cal Crutchlow produced another highly encouraging performance as he finished in fourth place at the Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez de la Frontera.

Off the back of his podium finish in Argentina last time out, the Briton came home as the leading satellite rider in Spain, trailing only the factory bikes of Valentino Rossi, Marc Marquez and the victorious Jorge Lorenzo. The result was made even more encouraging by the fact Crutchlow was still suffering from the flu symptoms that had bothered him all weekend.

Although he finished nearly 23 seconds behind the race winner, the 29-year-old felt the gap was accentuated by his physical condition and was happy to maintain fourth spot rather than push unnecessarily.

Cal Crutchlow #35 (4th – 45’19.973)

“Fourth position was the best we could do today with my physical condition. I was happy enough to be honest, we had a good race and I pushed when I needed to push.

“In all honesty I could have been five seconds overall quicker on the race distance, I just didn’t need to be. I kept the gap to Pol Espargaro behind and I think it was just too difficult to chase Valentino, even at the start when I was caught up in the battle with Aleix and Pol.

“But the team did a great job to finish in fourth behind the three factory riders. The distance from the winner is a little strange, but we know why because of my physical condition, which also affected my feeling with the bike. But we did a good job and the whole team is pleased.” 

[Image: lcrhondalogo.jpg]
03-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Website Find Reply