Protective barrier to be built in front of the TT Grandstand scoreboard
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Protective barrier to be built in front of the TT Grandstand scoreboard
The (old)proposed TT museum is NEVER going to happen with money from Tynwald, that ship has long sailed.
I also think they have set the ball in motion for the scoreboards to be changed for a digital signage, which will kill two birds with one stone. ( bad choice of words in this contex, but it is what it is) 1 Remove the Scouts from a vulnerable area by blaming the unsafe condition of the exsisting scoreboard, and 2 replacing it with a digital LED one as it will be cheaper that repairing/relocating the exsisting one, which will no longer need the scouts to operate.
As for the old scoreboard going to any museum etc, it will go the same way as the old mile markers and fuel fillers and will be sold of piece by piece with the money raised to fund the new digital scoreboard, and bring in a small profit.
So to recap....
1 Scouts removed from a dangerous area reducing our exposure to injury claims. Check
2 Old tatty Scorebord removed and sold to pay for new one and a small profit. Check
3 Increase the cost of the Grandstand seats now we have a new Scoreboard that we can sell advertising space on to show anything on to a captive audience ( you really did not think that this is the main reason for the protective fence to go up is did you???? ) Check
And it was all done because of safety, honest. ( in fairness, that is partly true)
I think that covers everything.
I would put an invoice into the DED for my consultation fee, but I suspect someone has beaten me to that!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
16-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
Just back after a flying pre TT visit.
http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/Mr_Noa...e.jpg.html

[Image: IMAG0346_zps90g0m9ae.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2015, 02:36 PM by Malcolm.)
26-05-2015, 02:00 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
and if somebody better than me can put these up
http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/Mr_Noa...q.jpg.html

[Image: IMAG0349_zpsqupqwhpq.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2015, 02:38 PM by Malcolm.)
26-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Find Reply