DISAPPOINTMENT DOESN'T STOP COSTELLO
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
DISAPPOINTMENT DOESN'T STOP COSTELLO
[Image: mariacostelloracinghdr2013.jpg]

Maria Costello MBE overcomes disappointment to kick off her 2015 road racing campaign at the prestigious Vauxhall International North West 200 races this week.

Maria will be competing on her European Shoe Machinery Ltd & Hol-Taj backed Kawasaki ER6 in the Supertwin class and her Costello Racing BMW Motorrad UK S 1000 RR in the Superstock class after plans to collaborate with Paul Shoesmith and his team didn’t come to fruition.

Costello’s disappointment has been compounded further with her entry on the BMW at the Isle of Man TT being rejected but despite these set backs she has used all her resources to bring both her bikes to the Vauxhall International Northwest 200.

“I’m so disappointed, broken hearted even. It’s been a difficult start to the season but I’m not giving up. I absolutely love the TT, the feeling I got from setting the TT female lap record was immense and I’ve been proud to represent female racers there but I’m looking forward to doing that here at the International Northwest 200. I'm still fully committed to taking my Supertwin to the TT and competing at all the other events on my schedule this season. Thanks to some fantastic people I’ve made it to the Northwest 200 with two race bikes and I’m looking forward to revealing the new livery on the BMW produced by the Ymark Paint & Repair Centre and being part of one of the best road racing spectacles on this planet.”

The Northamptonshire racer also feels that she has unfinished business to attend to at this year’s NW200 event: “I had that daft crash in practice last year, you might have seen it online at BBC NI. I owe it to all the fans that didn’t get to see me race here last year, to make amends and to put in a race performance for one of the most passionate crowds I’ve ever seen.” explained Costello.

Taking place over the 12th to 16th May, the event, first hosted in 1929, is one of the gems in the Irish road racing calendar and is held on public roads between the towns of Portstewart, Coleraine and Portrush. With racing held on both the Thursday evening and throughout Saturday, road racing fans can anticipate a feast of action, and the thrilling spectacle that the event brings is not lost on Costello: “The Northwest 200 is a fantastic event for both the racers and the fans. I’ve not always had great luck here but I wouldn’t miss this event, the speeds, the fans and the atmosphere are second to none. The welcome in to the paddock has been amazing and I can’t thank the organisers and all involved in the event enough.”

[Image: mariawithbmw.jpg]

Further information on the 2015 Vauxhall International Northwest 200 can be found at the official website http://www.northwest200.org/.

For all of the latest news on Maria, including sponsorship opportunities, Donington Park ‘women only’ track days and other events, please visit her website at http://www.costelloracing.com or follow her on facebook at Maria Costello Racing or on Twitter @MariaCostello.

Image by Stephen Davison: Costello reveals her new Ymark Paint, livery on her ESM/Wollaston BMW backed BMW Motored S 1000 RR at the Vauxhall International Northwest 200.

2015 Sponsors: The European Shoe Machinery Company Ltd, Hol-Taj, BMW Motorrad UK, Wollaston BMW, Rock Oil, Arai, Pirelli, NGK spark plugs, Wilbers/Vmtek Suspension, Jap4Performance, Radicool, EBC Brakes, Kawasaki UK Ltd, GBRacing, Hideout Leathers, Premier Bodyworks, Knox, HEL, iDP Moto Ltd, CMB Motorsport, Racebikebitz/Samco hoses, Daytona boots, Pipercross, APC Wet Paint Ltd, CPL Print, Christian Baker, Trilogy Gyms, Jack Fleckney – CrossFit East Northants, DnG, Sparkes Management Support, Bespoke Injury Management, Progrips, Promach, Skidmarx, The Joseph’s Experience, http://www.tonicwebworks.com, CHI Fire Solutions Ltd, Stomp Grip & SKINS.

12-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Website Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
RE: DISAPPOINTMENT DOESN'T STOP COSTELLO
We watched Maria at the mahagrabuoy Chicane and she was going really well must be heart breaking right enough being rejected from the TT.

P

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
21-05-2015, 10:04 AM
Find Reply