Hutchy's Back
smokey125 Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Hutchy's Back
Simply don’t get the logic of saying 5 in a week is over hyped due to others having problems.
You could probably say that about at least half of TT win, even more so in the days when bikes were less reliable and the difference between the bikes bigger.
So the same logic would say that Joey’s and McPint’s win totals are over hyped!!!!
In the current age of super-something classes that are all very tightly controlled and on bikes that are generally very reliable you need a bit of luck just to win one. To win 5 in a week not only do you need to have a bit of luck but you've got to be on it every time you get on the bike, having a slightly off day and some good luck might get you a podium but not a win.

I'll finish it one day!
22-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
If memory serves - I seem to recall a contributor on the old forum (JM130) saying that Hutchy's win in the Superstock that year was the hardest he'd ever seen anyone ride the mountain course.  Hype?

Sam
Warning Level 0% since 2006
23-05-2015, 03:09 AM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
(23-05-2015, 03:09 AM)Sam Pato Wrote: If memory serves - I seem to recall a contributor on the old forum (JM130) saying that Hutchy's win in the Superstock that year was the hardest he'd ever seen anyone ride the mountain course.  Hype?

Sam

Was that the year he was alleged not to have slow'n down for waved yellow flags "reported" unlike the other riders did.
23-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Find Reply
gixxertim Offline

Threads: 3
I think this years shaping up to be a classic really happy to see hutchy with some form at the NW200, can't count the last couple of years what with injuries & that R1 which was clearly not upto it for top road racing.

As for his 5 in a week being overhyped .... unbelievably strange comment, his performance that week was outstanding
23-05-2015, 09:13 PM
Find Reply
Smidsy Offline
Orange Army - Windy Corner

Threads: 1
Over-hyped??>< Fortuitous maybe its all due to a personal view ??

My personal view the stars aligned for him, riding the best he ever had plus others misfortune served him well, as it has done others previously. eg Ago / MH who knows who would have won in '67
But its written in the history books now.....

Lets not take away from his achievements but acknowledge we all need a little luck, (and it certainly doesn't diminish the achievement)    
"I stole these views from the cools kids, so I could fit in."
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, you get old because you stop riding
24-05-2015, 01:24 AM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
i suppose the reason i say its over hyped is the fact that thats all people go on about when hutchy is mentioned
ive never said it wasnt a great effort
as others have said everything fell into place that year for hutchy and things went wrong for others
its my opinion that the 5 in a week is used to put hutchy slightly higher than he is or more to the point make others look worse than they are because hutchy won every race
take for example molly his tt wins meen a lot more to me than some solo riders who get many more chances at a win a sidecar racer winning 2 wins in a year on muliple ocasions has never got the same hype as hutchy got
both moly and rob fisher are far better tt racers than hutchy in my opinion but they dont get the same credit
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
24-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Find Reply
Keith Offline

Threads: 4
Two lap records in five races?
130mph+ on a Superstock?

Obviously over-hyped!

Hutchy was on fire that week. Yes, some luck at times but it was incredible. I think Phil McCallen had a bit of fortune, as well as awesome riding, when he won four in a week?
27-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Find Reply
bsa499 Offline

Threads: 48
Winning all the solo races is an achievement to be proud of and one unlikely to be repeated. If anyone deserves respect from TT supporters it's Ian Hutchinson.
27-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Find Reply
Yamanx Offline

Threads: 12
It's the TT!

It's mega!

Come on guys, riding a TT is something, winning? Wow that is amazing.

Five in a week! Awesome, five in a lifetime that's a TT career! Hutchy was truly untouchable that week, he was, and is , an true TT legend. I really hope he proves it again next week. Smile

"By all means think yourself big, but never think others small........."  R.F. Scott
27-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
Unconfirmed reports on social media (twitter) say Tsingtao have pulled out of the TT.
28-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Website Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

(28-05-2015, 06:55 PM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: Unconfirmed reports on social media (twitter) say Tsingtao have pulled out of the TT.

Have they lost their bottle?

I'll get me coat.....
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

28-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
(28-05-2015, 07:28 PM)TTNeb Wrote:
(28-05-2015, 06:55 PM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: Unconfirmed reports on social media (twitter) say Tsingtao have pulled out of the TT.

Have they lost their bottle?

I'll get me coat.....

so you should!
Looks like it's going to be a Tee Total event! Icon_confused
28-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Website Find Reply
Big thumpa Offline

Threads: 5
Did Honda build that white fireblade for him the one with the tt course in red all round it I love that bike

Sucking Rabbits outa Hedges Icon_mrgreen
28-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
It looks like along with many teams or backers Tsingtao may be feeling the pinch of the financial cost of racing these days, at the NW200 there was talk of many teams who are finding it difficult to carry on running the way they have in the past, one "nameless" top team may be calling it a day, racing has now seriously got very expensive,  Maybe Hutchy will come out tops as Dave Tyson of Hampshire Motorcycles said Hutchy signed a contract to ride for them on the MV, if they have failed to supply the bikes based upon a contract Hutchy could be quids in without riding, these fancy contracts these days can work both ways, I am sure hopefully he will get a decent supersport ride at the TT, Clive?                                  
IAN HUTCHINSON LINES UP FACTORY BACKED MV AGUSTA RIDE WITH HAMPSHIRE MOTORCYCLES TSINGTAO RACING TEAM.
29-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
Its a shame that he won,t be riding the MV Agusta in the supersport this year it was really flying at the oulton test day and the day before at a track day with Michael Dunlop on the Milwaukee yamaha.
29-05-2015, 12:42 PM
Find Reply
b5070 Offline

Threads: 1
Could it be that just because Hutchy is so quiet, but gets the job done - he's thought of as an underachiever? He rode bloody well at the NW, in iffy conditions - for everyone, but - kept his head down and did the biz. I'm glad he seems to be over his 'lull' and will hopefully have a safe & successful TT. 5 wins hyped?????????? I think the quip about asking Guy Martin about winning one is spot on. Nah -- 5 in a week is going to be very hard to match - if it is ever done.
29-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Find Reply
Yamanx Offline

He really IS back!

Back on one of Keith Flints Yamahas for the SS Smile

"By all means think yourself big, but never think others small........."  R.F. Scott
29-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Find Reply
Yamanx Offline

Lots of talk about this on SM, great that Hutchy's got a half decent ride on an R6 Smile

And its KF's best chance for a top result I think, he is a good supporter of the TT and MC racing in general, so I hope they do really well Smile (And I onced raced against KF, years ago, no offence Keith but you were rubbish Smile )

29-05-2015, 10:22 PM
Find Reply
MIKE B8S Offline

Can we all agree he's back now ;-p
08-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Find Reply
excollier Offline
slow biker, road race fan

Threads: 11