Hutchy's Back
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Hutchy's Back
I am so chuffed for Hutchy.  As someone who knows him pretty well, you cannot believe his determination to get fit again, after 30 odd excruciating operations. That lad has the resolve of a warrior!
I wish him well for the rest of the week. A victory would be the most amazing result for him.
08-06-2015, 08:41 PM
Find Reply
Ricky Offline
Banned

Threads: 2
I don't know Hutchy at all but so pleased for the man. Guy had tough luck but I guess gaz will be mentally destroyed as he knows guy is a lot faster
other than the penalties
08-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Find Reply
Sussex Ninja Gal' Offline

Threads: 11
An absolutely magnificent effort by Hutchy (again) today. Back on the top step after years of pain, setbacks & disappointments. I'm absolutely thrilled to bits for him. Fantastic stuff. smilie

#Hutchyisback!
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015, 08:59 PM by Sussex Ninja Gal'.)
08-06-2015, 08:56 PM
Find Reply
MIKE B8S Offline

Threads: 4
The man is a hero. Maybe not to everyone, but he is to me. A great example to us all that not matter how bad things get in life, there is always hope. Hutchys one of the very few people I look up to. If I had as much determination as he has in that very leg that was going to be amputated. I could acheive great things. Hope there's is still more vitorys to come!
08-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Find Reply
jolly7 Offline
Banned

Threads: 2
(08-06-2015, 08:51 PM)Ricky Wrote: I don't know Hutchy at all but so pleased for the man. Guy had tough luck but I guess gaz will be mentally destroyed as he knows guy is a lot faster
other than the penalties
Really strange race from Guy, Hutchy takes 8 seconds  out of  him 1st lap to Glen Helen, Hutchy catches him on road shortly after then Guy stays with him on the road  for rest of race, was it Hutchys tow making him so fast? Could Guy run at that pace on his own ? Big disadvantage for Guy that   Hutchy starts 10 secs behind ?
08-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Find Reply
Sharktooth Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Well done Hutchy. Took an effort for me not to blub watching the press conference!
08-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Find Reply
meridian Offline

Threads: 1
Really very pleased for Hutchy today. As others have said, his determination to achieve fitness is inspirational, and his ability is not to be doubted. Wonderful stuff and credit to Bruce as well, equally inspirational given his laid back approach and advancing years !
08-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
I saw Hutchy and Splashdown a couple of years ago when they did their "tour". He came across as very determined, despite being softly spoken, and I couldn't be happier for him after his win tonight. First of many more hopefully.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
08-06-2015, 11:56 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
love him or hate him to come back from what hutchy has and challange for superbike win then win the supersport race is 1 hell of a dream come true for hutchy
well done is all i can say
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
09-06-2015, 08:56 AM
Find Reply
Keith Offline

Threads: 4
(20-05-2015, 06:28 PM)scaramanga Wrote: ive never knocked his ridding i actually think hes a good rider  however i think theres better out there and i certaintly dont class him as a great
his 5 in a week tt was over hyped
im not a hutchy fan but i do think he deserves my respect for what he does on track and a bit more for to continue after what hes gone through
any rider who races the tt deserves respect

Definitely not overhyped this week then???  Icon_biggrin Icon_biggrin Icon_biggrin 
12-06-2015, 09:25 AM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
Well said Keith, Hutchy is CLASS.
It takes a long time to come back from injury, but very few would come back from what Hutchy's gone through. I spent a lot of time with him when he was on crutches, (we did 17 shows together two years ago), and he was in very poor shape then, yet still trained!!
To achieve what he has done this week is in my opinion, one of the greatest feats EVER at the TT.
Fingers crossed today.
12-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Find Reply
excollier Offline
slow biker, road race fan

Threads: 11
Anyone who races at the TT deserves immense respect.
Anyone who can get on the podium, more so.
What Hutchy has achieved.....well, words fail really.

12-06-2015, 11:34 AM
Find Reply