TT Weather Watch Updates
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
TT Weather Watch Updates
TT WEATHER watch
Recent weather reports point that there is going to be low weather temperatures mixed with low air pressure and showers into June, parts of North America are still having snow, I first saw the bleak forecast last week in the Express then I checked out real weather stations like Accuweather ect, I don't want to seem to be a kill joy, just pointing out it could rain and be cold for the time of year, so don't just pack T shirts, pack well with warm and wet weather clothing, fingers crossed.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015, 11:18 AM by Malcolm.)
18-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Find Reply
BcakWeleher Offline
@markybiker

Threads: 3
RE: TT Weather Watch "not good"
It's a blighter this 'global warming' eh?

It's a bit like deflation....... i ain't ever seen that either!
  Beer2  Triumph Sprint ST.  The Empire Strikes Back!!
18-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Website Find Reply
Martini Man Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Wink  RE: TT Weather Watch "not good"
That reminds me I must make an extension lead for my heated waistcoat....A couple of hundred feet should do the trick!
18-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Wouldnt worry weather comes in quick and leaves quick on the rock.Sure it will be dazzling sunshine!

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
18-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
(18-05-2015, 01:39 PM)spannerman Wrote: I first saw the bleak forecast last week in the Express...

The paper that forecast 3 months of arctic weather last winter, and then 3 months of heatwave not so long back?? Icon_lol
better pack plenty of suncream then!
and midge repellant!!
18-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
That would probably be Nathan Rao - a long time purveyor of hysterical weather articles.  A few years back (2006?) I remember someone on a forum saying "to all those camping may the Lord have mercy on your souls..."  It cracked the flags for two weeks.

Still, nothing we can do about it either way.
18-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Website Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
we all know you cant predict the island weather 2 hours ahead never mind 2 to 3 weeks ahead
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
18-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Find Reply
knowlman Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
(18-05-2015, 01:39 PM)spannerman Wrote: TT WEATHER watch
Recent weather reports point that there is going to be low weather temperatures mixed with low air pressure and showers into June, parts of North America are still having snow, I first saw the bleak forecast last week in the Express then I checked out  real weather stations like Accuweather ect, I don't want to seem to be a kill joy, just pointing out it could rain and be cold for the time of year, so don't just pack T shirts, pack well with warm and wet weather clothing, fingers crossed.
18-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
(18-05-2015, 05:09 PM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote:
(18-05-2015, 01:39 PM)spannerman Wrote: I first saw the bleak forecast last week in the Express...

The paper that forecast 3 months of arctic weather last winter, and then 3 months of heatwave not so long back?? Icon_lol
better pack plenty of suncream then!
and midge repellant!!

You should be ok  this year Sparks I don't think you will need the Midge repellent I don't think the Midges fly fast enough to catch a Rocket  , especially when they have to dodge all them sparks from the undercarriage , lol  

18-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Find Reply
panman Offline

Threads: 10
The Island has it's own micro-climate and I've never seen an accurate forecast form more than 24 / 48 hours ahead (a couple of hours is good going if its accurate!). The weather will be what the weather will be and we will all have to accept that. Whilst I'd obviously like to have a couple of weeks of pure unadulterated sunshine with just enough gentle breeze to keep us comfortable and the midges away, I'll take what I get and make damn sure I enjoy every minute of it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Route 66 Blog: www.thehandys.co.uk/blog 
20-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Website Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 30
Smile  RE: TT Weather Watch "not good"
Weather forecasts are just horoscopes with numbers
21-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

They have had the weather spot on up to now however they have said today it will still be cold up to Monday where the weather will warm up slightly with mixed weather next week, fingers crossed.
27-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Weather supplied by Ronaldsway Airport

Friday, 29 May

[Image: ScatteredShowers.png]13°C
7°C
Sunny intervals and occasional showers, these then dying out overnight. Cool breeze at times.
Wind
West 15, occasionally 20 in places.
Visibility
Good.
Rainfall (mm)
1-5
Comments
Nil.

Saturday, 30 May
[Image: SunnyIntervals.png]15°C
7°C
Dry during the day with some good sunny spells, then turning cloudy late on with outbreaks of rain developing overnight.
Wind
West 15, backing and increasing South or SW 20-25 later in day/ at first overnight.
Visibility
Good, becoming moderate at times in rain overnight. Hill fog later.
Rainfall (mm)
2-5
Comments
Strong winds later.

Sunday, 31 May
[Image: SunnyIntervals.png]14°C
9°C
Rain at first soon clearing, with sunny intervals and only isolated showers following. Then rain again overnight.
Wind
SW 20-25, soon veering West 15, then backing SW 25 gusts 35 overnight.
Visibility
Good, possibly moderate in rain. Hill fog at times.
Rainfall (mm)
5-10
Comments
Strong winds at times.
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2015, 07:49 PM by spannerman.)
27-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Find Reply
harveymushman Offline

Threads: 1
We might be in trouble !!

Meteorological Forecaster required for Ronaldsway Airport, Isle of Man

Applicants must have completed the UK...

Applicants must have completed the UK Met Office Professional Forecaster Training Programme (or equivalent) and have experience of aviation, marine and public weather forecasting and completion of SYNOP and METAR observations. Applicants must also have at least 3 years of experience as a forecaster in an operational environment.

The post is based on a conditioned working week of 37 hours as part of a 24 hour/365 day roster which attracts shift disturbance allowance (20%) and weekend premium pay.

Please note a Police Check will be required for this post.

More details of the duties of the post can be obtained from Adrian Cowin 01624 821640.

If you have technical difficulties applying online please contact the Helpdesk on 01565 818 234 or by email at iomgov@helpmeapply.co.uk. For all other queries regarding your application please contact the Employment Services Team on 01624 686300.

Reference : DOI-01570
Department : Department of Infrastructure
Division : Ports Division
Closing date : 12/05/2015
Salary : £35,333 - £42,902
27-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Find Reply
Yamanx Offline

Threads: 12
Although general weather prediction sites have warned of unsettles weather, there is uncertainty with race week. And it could be some high pressure during that period. NOWHERE is predicting either/or as it stands.

I'm really hopeful, and I predict high pressure, dry, dry and dry. Cold though (Whats new Smile ) but flaming well dry! Smile

"By all means think yourself big, but never think others small........."  R.F. Scott
27-05-2015, 10:43 PM
Find Reply
laverda77 Offline

Threads: 9
Hail,sleet,hailstones,sunstroke all possible at the tt, rain solid for a fortnight in 1981,check the old dvds,however I only remember the sunny times,so bring it on.As for forecasts, remember when the bbc used to have 5 days forecasts on the website... so many folks were taking pics of quite the opposite weather happening outside their windows with the computer screens in the foreground.Anyone been at ginger hall when the mists roll in ? John surtees fairing " shot peened" by hailstones,finally tarmac doesn't melt the same. now with the use of "tropical" bitumen.
27-05-2015, 11:05 PM
Find Reply
rubyhorse Offline

Threads: 5
i remember last year was off and on, actually only seem to really remember the sunny days getting burnt.

What does actually happen if the race week is utter excrement?
28-05-2015, 10:29 AM
Find Reply
BcakWeleher Offline
@markybiker

Threads: 3
(28-05-2015, 10:29 AM)rubyhorse Wrote: i remember last year was off and on, actually only seem to really remember the sunny days getting burnt.

Lately they don't really run in the wet so one would assume it would be cancelled in the event of rain all week.
The Gaps in the schedule allow for running the following day etc and only the once did they cancel a race i think. The Senior in 2012 I think it was. Tried for Sat but that was bad as well and the teams had to leave so it didn't run.

Anyway let's hope we don't find out!!
  Beer2  Triumph Sprint ST.  The Empire Strikes Back!!
28-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Website Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(28-05-2015, 10:29 AM)rubyhorse Wrote: i remember last year was off and on, actually only seem to really remember the sunny days getting burnt.

There is no rights or wrongs with this one. In years gone by, they use to run in the rain/wet and there was some good racing with no more accidents than in the dry. Now days, they dont run when it is wet.
In years gone by, they use to put children up chimneys to clean them, so times do move on.
What I am curious to find out ( but also in no hurry to know) is what the DED will do if we have an all wet race week like we did in 1998 ( Hondas 50th TT aniversary year). There will be an awful lot of very upset VIP package buyers who will have paid a lot of money to see no racing.
Either way, my wet gear will be packed, and if I have to ride around in the rain for a week, so be it. It wont be the first time, or the last.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
28-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Find Reply
roger9650 Offline

Threads: 0
How likely is a full programme of practice and racing? In any event please no red flags.
28-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Find Reply