Financial lift for Armoy Races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Financial lift for Armoy Races
[Image: armoyhdr.jpg]

[Image: ryan&jezzapromoarmoy.jpg]
Twin boost: IJ Lynn and Sons and McAuley Car Dismantlers, have come on board as joint sponsors of the Supertwins race at the Armoy Road Races.
Pictured here are: (L-R) racer Ryan Farquhar, Conor McAuley of McAuley Car Dismantlers,
Bill Kennedy, Clerk of the Course, Davy Guild of Armoy Road Races, Ivan Lynn of IJ Lynn&Sons and racer Jeremy McWilliams

IJ Lynn and Sons and McAuley Car Dismantlers have come on board as joint sponsors of one of the most fiercely contested showdowns at the Armoy Road Races - the Supertwins race.

Ivan Lynn and Conor McAuley are childhood friends and hail from the Armoy area and are certainly looking forward to the 2015 event.

McAuley explained why he and his company got involved with the races this year. He said: "I've been a keen bike fan most of my life and it's hard not to like them when you are born and bred in Armoy.

"Both Ivan and I live very close to the circuit so we are very happy to be supporting this fantastic local event, which brings a lot of people to Armoy and creates opportunities for many businesses in the surrounding area."

Lynn, an earthworks and drainage contractor, explained how it is important to give back to the local community. He said: "Both Conor and I have been at the Armoy Road Races every year since the very first race back in 2009.

"During the races we spend most of our time going back and forth between the Lagge Road and Kennedy's Corner and we've seen how the races have grown year on year and it's an event we just wouldn't miss. We are delighted to be able to assist an organisation that does so much for the area."

Bill Kennedy, Clerk of the Course, said: "Both Ivan and Conor are local men who we've known for many years. We are extremely glad that they are involved with the Armoy Road Races this year.

"Both men are superb examples of local firms just getting on with the day to day work of running their businesses and they are doing it very well, having weathered the recession of recent years.

"Last year's Supertwins race was one of the highlights of the day, with Keith Amor, Derek McGee and James Cowton all in the top three."

The event is part funded by Tourism Northern Ireland and bike week runs from July 19-25 with the SGS International 'Race of Legends' featuring on the final day.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
26-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Website Find Reply