Motor museum opens its doors
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Motor museum opens its doors
[Image: motormuseumabove.jpg]

The new Isle of Man Motor Museum at Jurby officially opened its doors to the public at the weekend, little more than eight months after building work started last autumn.

The island’s Lieutenant Governor Adam Wood performed the official duties cutting the ribbon on Friday before assembled guests.

Mr Wood said he was delighted and honoured to be there at the ceremony, and museum owner Dennis Cunningham thanked everyone for their support.

Formalities over with, as many as 450 guests were free to take a look round the 70,000 square foot display area in the museum as well as enjoying the food and drink specially laid on for the occasion.

[Image: motormuseumlogo.jpg]

The display includes many vehicles from Mr Cunningham’s own collection, as well various ones that are on loan or awaiting restoration in the special workshop area at one end of the display hall.

More than 100 motorcycles including racing machines are already on display on the two mezzanine levels.

‘It’s been a hectic period but we got there in the end. There’s still more to do in the coming weeks to make it all as good as we can possibly get it but we’ve had a busy weekend so far,’ Mr Cunningham said.

[Image: cunninghamsatmuseum.jpg]
Denis and Darren Cunningham at the opening of the museum

[Image: cunninghamclassiccarslogo.jpg]

[Image: iomtodaynewlogo.jpg]
John Turner
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2015, 01:08 PM by Malcolm.)
26-05-2015, 12:43 PM
Website Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Motor museum opens its doors
Another thing on my 'To Do List' this year.
It does look impresive from the pictures!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
26-05-2015, 01:04 PM
Find Reply
Evilkinevil-15 Offline

Threads: 4
(26-05-2015, 01:04 PM)c iom tt Wrote: Another thing on my 'To Do List' this year.
It does look impresive from the pictures!

May do for a rainy day as its £10 each to get in Confused
26-05-2015, 01:56 PM
Find Reply
Baldy Gaz Offline
Banned

Threads: 2
£10?????😣 Suppose they have to pay for it some how. I'll still be paying it a visit.
28-05-2015, 07:10 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Even at £10.00 per entry, it is going to take them a long time to get there money back just for the building alone.
Looks more like a labour of love to me!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
28-05-2015, 10:23 AM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 365
(28-05-2015, 10:23 AM)c iom tt Wrote: Even at £10.00 per entry, it is going to take them a long time to get there money back just for the building alone.
Looks more like a labour of love to me!

I think it's a case of 'where we gonna put our bike/car collection?'
I know...

Icon_lol

I'd be doing the same!
28-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Website Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

It does look like a proper 'Man Cave' to me!
With a building that size, just the cost of the heating and electricity bill per week must be eye watering.

28-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Find Reply