Progress Made For Bennetts Suzuki At Snetterton Test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Progress Made For Bennetts Suzuki At Snetterton Test
[Image: bennettsuzukilogo.jpg]

The Bennetts Suzuki team has completed a positive two-day test at Snetterton, making progress with the setup of its Yoshimura-powered GSX-R1000s.

With the focus firmly set on working on the bike's base-setting and the ability to post consistent lap times, both Josh Waters and Christian Iddon spent the two days testing a number of different setup changes and components, working together to find the best solutions.

With both days bathed in glorious sunshine, the team gathered lots of data and feedback from riders able to complete plenty of laps, and will now keep working ahead of the next test at Knockhill.

Josh Waters said,

"It was a good couple of days and we used them for what they were, which was to test various things. The team had a plan and we tried lots of different things; some good, some not so good. But we made progress and the team will go back over the data and we'll go to the Knockhill test with the best setup from the last two days and keep improving."

Christian Iddon, riding for only the second time after breaking his leg less than six weeks ago, said,

"The leg was loads better. I was still pretty nervous standing on pit wall before we got going but it was as good as it needs to be and I was back to a normal position on the bike. We had a lot to try over both days and Josh and I worked them between us and everyone in the team worked really hard. There was a lot of effort put in and we got through a loads. It's going to take the guys a lot of time to go over all the notes. We weren't working towards a setting for Snetterton but for an improved base-setting, and that's the plan for Knockhill too in a couple of weeks."

[Image: chrisiddonatsnet.jpg]

Team Manager Jack Valentine said,

"This was a solid test for us and we got through a lot of the things that we wanted to try over the two days. We went there to evaluate a number of different things and post some consistent lap times, and we know have a good base-setting to work with. Engine-wise everyone in the team is really happy and I can't fault the performance of the GSX-R1000s and the work Yoshimura FWD has done. We're looking forward to our next test at Knockhill and then getting back to Snetterton and back to racing for the next round."

The Bennetts Suzuki team heads to Knockhill on June 8 before the fourth round of the MCE British Superbike championship at Snetterton on 19-21 June.
28-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Website Find Reply