Promising opening day for Redding in Italy
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Promising opening day for Redding in Italy
[Image: reddingatmugello.jpg]

After a difficult couple of races Scott Redding was back on form on the opening day of the Italian Grand Prix, with the Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider ending the day eighth fastest. Completing 38 laps Redding was able to consolidate his place from this morning and end the day comfortably inside the top ten.

Redding has struggled to gel with the Honda RC213V at times this year but the Englishman has been close to unlocking the potential of the bike at numerous races. Today however he was able to finally build his confidence and start to show his potential on the bike.

The 22-year-old won the Moto2 race at Mugello in 2013 and from the outset today he was immediately more comfortable on the bike compared to recent races and has given himself a solid platform to build on for the rest of the weekend.

Scott Redding: 8th - 1’48.164

"The feeling with the bike is a little bit better here. I know that I need to change a few things with my style and we need to change a few things with the bike. We were held up a little on the fast lap but it still felt good. We've a few things that we need to try to help me a little bit more but the main thing is that I'm starting to get the feeling back about how it should be when I ride the bike. It's just a matter of building up the confidence more and more now."

Michael Bartholemy: Team Principal

"That was not a bad day and we are improving and getting closer to the front people than we were in recent races and hopefully that can continue tomorrow. Saturday is obviously an important day and it looks like Scott is much happier with the bike and that we have erased some of the problems that we had last weekend."

[Image: marcvdshdr.jpg]
29-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Website Find Reply