List of competitors
billybookcase Offline

Threads: 13
List of competitors
Haven't got a program so can anyone point me to a list of competitors for this year?
Cheers
BB

Numbers and Competitors are Copywrite, so I cannot list them on the website, sorry.

Malcolm
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2015, 08:15 PM by Malcolm.)
03-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
RE: List of competitors
If one were to search a website, such as Bikesportnews, for example, (other websites are available!), you may well be able to find practice times.
They may also include race numbers as well as times.
04-06-2015, 05:57 AM
Website Find Reply
billybookcase Offline

Threads: 13
(04-06-2015, 05:57 AM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: If one were to search a website, such as Bikesportnews, for example, (other websites are available!), you may well be able to find practice times.
They may also include race numbers as well as times.

Just the job, cheers. 
BB
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
04-06-2015, 07:36 AM
Find Reply
AndyL Offline

Threads: 2
As far as the UK is concerned, the legal basis for the TT organisers' claim of copyright in the start lists disappeared in 2012.  There's work in it, but no creativity - the same as the Premier League football fixture list, which the ECJ ruled is not covered by copyright.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17218968
That may not help IOM-based web sites of course since the Island is not in the EU.  And any UK-based publication might have to be prepared to fight their corner in court - quite understandable if a web site operator like Malcolm didn't want to risk getting mixed up in that.

The running of a website these days is just not like it used to be a few years ago.

It is becoming a nightmare regarding who is ultimately responsible for what is said in the public domain and who is held responsible for whatever is said, by way of appearing in the Public Domain,

Both parties (Who Posted and Who Hosted) can be held responsible in the eyes of the law as I now understand it, and I am sorry fellas, but I am not going to risk prosecution for anyone.

I will moderate, alter, delete whatever I deem to be "risky" posts or simply parts of a post, and if that upsets you, I am sorry, but once again, I am not being subject to potential prosecution.

Copywrite law is without a doubt complex and confusing, and because of its complexity, I do not know whether I am abiding by it or not at times, so therefore to be on the safe side, I have to be careful with what is said/posted on the website.

Malcolm
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015, 11:44 AM by Malcolm.)
04-06-2015, 11:27 AM
Find Reply