Viewing from gardens
Tripster1050 Offline

Threads: 14
Viewing from gardens
I know there is loads of people and pubs around course that allow viewing from gardens etc. for donations to TT Charities, air ambulance etc but can anyone recommend any of them or know anyone who is doing it we could contact. 2 adults and a 4 year old. We travel tomorrow and staying in Ramsey at Hairpin
Thanks everyone
04-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Viewing from gardens
I think if I was you, I would be taking a trip to the Conker Tress, between Glentramman and Milntown. Awesome spot to watch, although you ARE locked in for the day. Facilities are available.
You would need to get there early, i.e. before the roads close.
Distance from Parliament Square, travelling in the reverse direction is approx. 2miles.
04-06-2015, 06:21 PM
Find Reply
Tripster1050 Offline

Sounds a good option, checked it out on Map and looks good to watch from if weather good. Thanks for that splashdown👍
04-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Find Reply
mrsfrex Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
If you have a four year old and the weather is iffy I can highly recommend Marown Church - they have loos and fab food but also a great play room upstairs in the church with loads of toys, DVDs etc. We were there a few years ago on the very long day of the cancelled senior and were made very welcome.

Conker trees is also good if the weather is fine, lots of room the little one to run around, clean portaloos and good value food.

Have a fab time Smile
04-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Find Reply
Raynetjr Offline

Threads: 6
If you are in Ramsey you could always try May Hill. There is a bridge to get you across during racing so you can watch on both sides and it has a massive park (loads of swings and things) and toilets. Not sure how busy it is during tt but my girls enjoyed 'watching' the Manx there.

As an alternative... On one mgp race day I marshalled at quarry bends and my wife took the kids into the wildlife park for the day.

Have fun!
04-06-2015, 10:59 PM
Find Reply
Stav Offline

Threads: 3
Thumbsup  RE: Viewing from gardens
From experience of trying to watch with a young family, I can recommend viewing from around Quarry Bends and the Wildlife Park. When racing is on the Wildlife Park is half price admission and is great for passing away those delays....

They buy things they do not need,

With money they do not have,

To impress people they do not like....
05-06-2015, 06:21 AM
Find Reply
AndyL Offline

Threads: 2
(05-06-2015, 06:21 AM)Stav Wrote: From experience of trying to watch with a young family, I can recommend viewing from around Quarry Bends and the Wildlife Park. When racing is on the Wildlife Park is half price admission and is great for passing away those delays....

+1 on this, it's a good location.
http://www.squit.co.uk/photo/mgp10/snaps...ends1.html
On the day the above picture was taken, we ended up missing the start of the afternoon race because we spent too long watching the otters Smile
05-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Find Reply
Tripster1050 Offline

Yep quarry bends last year was excellent choice and plan to do it again this year. Will look into other suggestions. Watched from Ramsey hairpin today after arriving as house backs onto it....excellent 👍
05-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Find Reply
Southernman Offline

Threads: 0
The big field on the left at the end of the Cronk-y-Voddy straight is good for spectating and there used to be food and loos available but I haven't been there for a few years.
23-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Find Reply