Honda Racing is ready for action on the Isle of Man
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda Racing is ready for action on the Isle of Man
[Image: hondaracinglogo.jpg]

Practice week for the 2015 Isle of Man TT races concluded yesterday evening with John McGuinness and Conor Cummins posting the second and seventh-quickest laps respectively around the 37.73-mile Mountain course on their Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP machines.

A change of schedule saw the RST Superbike race being moved to Sunday 7 June and, with the alteration, an additional practice session had been scheduled for today. This session has now been cancelled, however, due to high winds around the circuit.

A week of mixed weather conditions saw the first Superbike outing for the Honda Racing duo cancelled completely on Monday due to rain and high winds, but practice began in earnest on Tuesday.

Both Wednesday's and Thursday's sessions took place in near-perfect conditions with most of the riders recording their fastest times on Thursday night. McGuinness posted a 130.030mph lap, which places him second overall, while team-mate Cummins's 128.331mph lap, also on Thursday, gave him the seventh-fastest time.

Ian Hutchinson topped the overall Superbike timesheet ahead of McGuinness and Bruce Anstey. The six-lap RST Superbike race is scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm.

[Image: mcpintinpractice.jpg]

John McGuinness:

It has been a real tough week for everybody with the weather and a lot of people haven’t got as much practice as they’d like – me being selfish, my bike is ready to go! Our Fireblade is great; it’s been faultless all week, every lap we’ve been fast and consistent. I’m happy with the 130.030mph lap and I’m confident and motivated for tomorrow’s race, I just want to get stuck in now and wish everybody all the best.

Conor Cummins:

I’m really happy with how we’ve been going this week, the CBR is awesome and I really enjoying riding it. Obviously with the weather we haven’t had as much practice as planned, but I’m really pleased where we are and looking forward to the race tomorrow. Every lap I’ve completed the bike’s come back and we’ve had no problems, so hopefully the sun will shine tomorrow and we’ll be racing – all the best to everyone for the race.
07-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Website Find Reply