TT spectator arrested after disturbance
Maca944 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: TT spectator arrested after disturbance
Good. I think 8 weeks is long enough for anyone to reconsider their anti-social behaviour, no matter the amount of alcohol consumed.
08-06-2015, 03:22 PM
Website Find Reply
2 stroke nod Offline

Threads: 4
Latino - "I also marshalled for years (I don't any more) and have noticed that there is a certain albeit small percentage of marshals who think that donning the armband and flak jacket makes them God. word to them - it doesn't. All it does is annoy people off"

I was on the receiving end of one of those marshals at Cookstown, bang out of order she was. Reported this to the Club and despite an offer of a free pass for 2016 and an apology. I declined the offer and won't return to Cookstown.
Be nice to your dentist....they have fillings too
08-06-2015, 03:24 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: jurbyairshot.jpg]

Man who went on closed roads is jailed

A man arrested for being on closed roads, and committing a public order offence appeared in court today.

David Seager, aged 47 years of Bristol, appeared in court charged with an offence under section 2 of the Public Order Act, and being on closed roads.

He received a sentence of eight weeks in custody, and was excluded from the Isle of Man. 

Inspector Derek Flint said:

‘This sentence should send a crystal-clear message that anti-social behaviour towards fellow spectators and marshals, as well as being on closed roads contrary to a road closure order, will simply not be tolerated. Behaviour of this sort puts people at huge risk, and we will do everything in our power to ensure the marshals difficult job is supported. 

‘Anyone thinking of disregarding a road closure order should take heed, and be mindful that the courts will take a similarly dim view of such irresponsible action.’

Isle of Man Newspapers was the only media organisation in court.

There will be a full report in tomorrow’s Isle of Man Examiner.

[Image: iomtodaynewlogo.jpg]

And the repercussions from his actions could be many, including loss of a job, financial hardship to his family and castigation among his peers.

All for a moment of stupidity and bravado.

It beggars belief, it really does.

Malcolm.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015, 04:15 PM by Malcolm.)
08-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Website Find Reply
numptydad Offline

Threads: 6
(08-06-2015, 03:22 PM)Maca944 Wrote: Good. I think 8 weeks is long enough for anyone to reconsider their anti-social behaviour, no matter the amount of alcohol consumed.

Now isn't that GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD news?
Dave
08-06-2015, 04:08 PM
Find Reply
jeffa Offline

Thats handy, a jail with its own airfield, straight out the cell and off the Island when you have served your sentance
08-06-2015, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
Latino Offline

(08-06-2015, 04:16 PM)jeffa Wrote: Thats handy, a jail with its own airfield, straight out the cell and off the Island when you have served your sentance

And the inmates can listen to the racing whenever there is an Andreas Club has a meeitng at the airfield but unfortunately won't be able to see it......!!

I'd love to see things from your perspective but unfortunately ........... I find it impossible to get my head that far up my a$$
08-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Find Reply
Latino Offline

(08-06-2015, 03:24 PM)2 stroke nod Wrote: Latino - "I also marshalled for years (I don't any more) and have noticed that there is a certain albeit small percentage of marshals who think that donning the armband and flak jacket makes them God. word to them - it doesn't. All it does is annoy people off"

I was on the receiving end of one of those marshals at Cookstown, bang out of order she was. Reported this to the Club and despite an offer of a free pass for 2016 and an apology. I declined the offer and won't return to Cookstown.

Strange coincidence, the two culprits at Governor's last week were also of the female persuasion.

I'd love to see things from your perspective but unfortunately ........... I find it impossible to get my head that far up my a$$
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015, 04:39 PM by Malcolm.)
08-06-2015, 04:32 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
Well I say there, I'll take back my comment in another post about the challenges the TT faces about there not being enough of a deterrent for such nincompoop behaviour .. well done Dibble/Courts - you'd have to go some in the UK to get 8 weeks straight for a similar first offence, in fact I doubt it would happen anywhere else. Good work.
08-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Find Reply
Owl Man Offline

(08-06-2015, 03:07 PM)kestrel Wrote: Just read that the spectator arrested yesterday has been sentenced to 8 weeks in prison. Good enough for him and I sincerely hope that this sentence sends out a clear message.
Brilliant! You can bet your bottom dollar that justice will be handed out on the Island. Ok the birch has gone but I can remember peoples speeding fines being increased if they dared to challenge them. Classic story from a few years ago and I won't mention names to save any 
embarrassment. A young rider miss behaved during an event on the island, not detained at the time but identified afterwards. He was sumonsed to apear in court on race day and kept waiting for his case to be heard all morning so he missed his race, he was then told to return after lunch so that he missed his afternoon race. A much more painful sentence than any fines that were imposed. Also remember stories of offenders not being sent back on the next boat but detained for the duration of the meeting. They were allowed out to exercise while racing was on, but as they were behind high walls they couldn't see what was going on! I fear though there is no easy answer as it does seem that any event any where is often spoilt by inconsiderate morons with no respect or common decency. Rant over!
08-06-2015, 07:07 PM
Find Reply
excollier Offline
slow biker, road race fan

Threads: 11
I think the Birch might be a suitable deterrent.....just the thought of it.

08-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Find Reply
Ken37.73 Offline

Good enough for him. That might make the next plonker think twice.
08-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
I've seen The Birch demo'd on a leather sofa .. you definitely without doubt wouldn't want it applied to your skin
08-06-2015, 10:53 PM
Find Reply
BcakWeleher Offline
@markybiker

Threads: 3
47 years old???

Grow up!!!!
  Beer2  Triumph Sprint ST.  The Empire Strikes Back!!
09-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Website Find Reply
Sussex Ninja Gal' Offline

Threads: 11
Well done to the IOM Judiciary for getting tough with that moron. Fingers crossed that the message will sink into the (tiny) minds of the idiots who may look to do something similar in & around the island.
09-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Find Reply
runningbear Offline

Threads: 0
(08-06-2015, 12:20 AM)05focuswrc Wrote: shame that took place. its a pitty people can not go watch the racing without causing trouble. I went to the tt last year, I have to say on the boat over it was unbelievable the conduct of some off people on the boat. drinking to excess then fighting. I woman tried to calm things down and ended up getting punched, all beit it was a stray punch. I have been to isle of man many times for the rally, its hard to get your head around how people behave when they are away from home.
the tt is the greatest show on earth, and indeed the isle of man is my favourite place on earth. I just wish people would show the island the people who live there, and the people who run events, the respect they deserve.

this aint new tho,on boat in 88/89 fella very drunk took swing at ferry staff and fell backwards down stairwell,broke leg .was taken to nobles plastered leg put back on ferry next day.hope idiots on run down from creg get caught and book thrown at em.
10-06-2015, 11:20 AM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
But lets try and educate , we have a clip of vid that we are shown on our training day that shows a stretch of road and you can hear a bike approaching and you are asked when would you set off to cross the road and 99% who try it would not make it to the white line , the guy retrieving a bear can , a bike hits a bear can and the chances are that the bike would be unsettled but would have a good chance of carrying on ( on a bike skill training day they do a thing where you ride over a piece of 3x2 timber with no hands on the bars and the bikes momentom keeps it going ) but hit a 85kg man and chances are you end up with two dead people as in the incident in Kirk Micheal where a marshal stepped out in front of a rider killing both of them

10-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Find Reply
runningbear Offline

Threads: 0
(10-06-2015, 12:00 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: But lets try and educate , we have a clip of vid that we are shown on our training day that shows a stretch  of road and you can hear a bike approaching and you are asked when would you set off to cross the road and 99% who try it would not make it to the white line , the guy retrieving a bear can , a bike hits a bear can and the chances are that the bike would be unsettled but would have a good chance of carrying on ( on a bike skill training day they do a thing where you ride over a piece of 3x2 timber with no hands on the bars and the bikes momentom keeps it going ) but hit a 85kg man and chances are you end up with two dead people as in the incident in Kirk Micheal where a marshal stepped out in front of a rider killing both of them

spot on eddy,and would any of these twits walk across brands or silverstone ? i dont think so ,education and stiff penalties the way to go
10-06-2015, 02:34 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Update - Disorder on Closed Roads

The two other males involved in the disorder at the Ballahutcheon on Sunday 7th June 2015 have been convicted at court.

Mr Adam Grant Wiltshire, 36 years was convicted of an offence of Section 3 Public Order resulting in a £250 and £125 costs. For an offence of entering closed roads he received a £250 fine;

Mr Michael James Seager, 47 years was convicted of an offence of Section 3 Public Order resulting in a £250 and £125 costs. For an offence of entering closed roads he received a £250 fine.

This was an incident whereby the individuals (including a third male, David Seager, who was imprisoned on Monday) refused to cooperate with, and were abusive to, TT Marshalls on closed roads whilst a family with young children were also subject to abuse and made to feel under threat. This is in stark contrast to the unrelated Bray Hill incident where a full investigation proved that the innocent explanation that was given was correct.

Each case will be investigated fully and with the amount of visitors to the island can be done so much quicker by utilising social media. We would like to thank the public for their assistance with these investigations.
10-06-2015, 05:28 PM
Website Find Reply
Westers Offline
Banned

Threads: 3
I guess they haven't caught the idiots at the Creg?

It does seem strange that only one of them got 8 weeks, yet the others only got pretty tiny fines. They were all on closed roads, they all ignored the marshalls, and it seems they were all abusive.

Edit: I see that the other two blokes only broke section 3 of the public order act, whereas jail boy broke section 2 of the public order act. Presumably he either got violent towards marshalls, or violent towards dibble, whereas the others simply told people to eff off??

I still think those other two needed a custodial stint for being on closed roads - that message hits far harder than a trivial £250 fine.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 07:27 PM by Westers.)
10-06-2015, 07:23 PM
Find Reply