TT spectator arrested after disturbance
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TT spectator arrested after disturbance
[Image: iompolicebadge.jpg]

A spectator was arrested near Union Mills on Sunday afternoon after the Superbike TT race had been stopped.

A few minutes after the race had been red-flagged because of a last-lap incident at the Nook, race marshals at Ballahutchin called for assistance from the police following a disturbance.

Police dealt with four males who had been walking on closed roads and verbally abusing race marshals. One of the four was subsequently arrested for a public order offence and was detained at Police Headquarters.

The presence of the emergency services on the Snaefell Mountain Course forced the cancellation of the rescheduled RST Parade Lap, which was due to go ahead immediately after the race.

A police spokesman said that enquiries are continuing and issued a reminder that when roads are closed for racing, marshals have similar powers to police officers.

If members of the public do not follow their instructions they may face prosecution, they warned.

[Image: iomtodaynewlogo.jpg]
07-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Website Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
RE: TT spectator arrested after disturbance
There should be no MAY be arrested about it , lock them up and put them on the next boat out and banned from returning for a min 5 years end of

07-06-2015, 09:35 PM
Find Reply
muz66 Offline

Threads: 0
Bring back the Birch!
Get on with it or shut up about it!
07-06-2015, 10:15 PM
Find Reply
Sussex Ninja Gal' Offline

Threads: 11
(07-06-2015, 09:35 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: There should be no MAY be arrested about it , lock them up and put them on the next boat out and banned from returning for a min 5 years end of

Maybe they were locals?

ps Pedantry aside, irrespective of where those four morons came from. there clearly can't be excuses for their yobbish behaviour. It's a shame they can't all be banged-up for the duration of race week - at the very least. It seems to me that the ever-increasing profile of the TT has attracted an ever-growing number of idiots that the TT - and the island in general - could certainly do without. Or maybe it's just me getting old...  Icon_eek
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2015, 11:46 PM by Sussex Ninja Gal'.)
07-06-2015, 11:45 PM
Find Reply
05focuswrc Offline
Just Getting Started

shame that took place. its a pitty people can not go watch the racing without causing trouble. I went to the tt last year, I have to say on the boat over it was unbelievable the conduct of some off people on the boat. drinking to excess then fighting. I woman tried to calm things down and ended up getting punched, all beit it was a stray punch. I have been to isle of man many times for the rally, its hard to get your head around how people behave when they are away from home.
the tt is the greatest show on earth, and indeed the isle of man is my favourite place on earth. I just wish people would show the island the people who live there, and the people who run events, the respect they deserve.
08-06-2015, 12:20 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
This is the downside of the 'closer to the edge ' new generation of visitors. They are not enthusiasts just here because it is the trendy thing to do at the moment. It's all very well saying everyone is entitled to attend, but this is what you end up with. Many have no regards for the locals. Throwing rubbish everywhere etc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
08-06-2015, 07:50 AM
Find Reply
Sharktooth Offline
Just Getting Started

Anyone despicable enough to abuse a Marshall needs a serious word.
08-06-2015, 08:20 AM
Find Reply
excollier Offline
slow biker, road race fan

Here here!
I was a marshal back in 1989 -1991, and had a great time and everyone responded well to polite requests to move or behave.
When I came back in 2006 I found some spectators a little more resistant and intent on defying any polite requests.
I haven't been back since, but it sounds like the new generation of spectators/visitors contain a few more bad apples than in the past.
I hope this trend doesn't continue.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015, 09:55 AM by excollier.)
08-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Find Reply
Latino Offline

Threads: 1
I also marshalled for years (I don't any more) and have noticed that there is a certain albeit small percentage of marshals who think that donning the armband and flak jacket makes them God. word to them - it doesn't. All it does is annoy people off. Barking at spectators like I saw at Governor's Bridge during practice week is not a way to make friends and influence people IMHO. Politeness costs nothing but it seems to be a scarce commodity these days.

I'd love to see things from your perspective but unfortunately ........... I find it impossible to get my head that far up my a$$
08-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
The ignorance/respect/manners thing isn't just confined to the TT, it seems to be the way many led by the nose lemmings live their lives these days - all mind and lifestyle conditioned by such garbage as TOWIE, Eastbenders, Horrornation St, Emmerdale-the crime hotspot where it's fine to be getting off with your cousin and other reality rubbish tv.
08-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Just announced that the main perpetrator is sitting in a cell at the Police HQ, awaiting an appearance at court for "kicking off" and also for walking along the road while the roads were closed.

It was said that he will most likely receive a bigger sentence/fine for the latter offense.

It was also stated that ALL Marshals have the same authority as a Police Officer when Roads are closed, and the public need to recognize and respect that.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015, 11:20 AM by Malcolm.)
08-06-2015, 10:05 AM
Website Find Reply
excollier Offline

Hurrah!
08-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Find Reply
numptydad Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Monday 8th Race Schedule
(08-06-2015, 10:34 AM)AndyL Wrote: Serious RTA 10 minutes before roads-closed... expecting around a 2 hour delay Sad

I'm not going to attack the folks involved in this RTA, there are any number of explanations for it. 
BUT  this has given me food for thought  -  What is wrong with people today? 
 I heard Roy Moore  doing his self admitted Victor Meldrew, he  commented on the generally poor driving these days,  and The Clerk of the Course had to make yet another appeal for spectators to stay off the course when roads are closed.  It's not a new phenomenon, last year there was the spectacle of a mob of French visitors crossing the closed road, and ignoring Marshals;  in years before the one way system over the Mountain  had to be implemented there were cars and motorbikes involved in nasty crashes up there, all wanting to use both sides of the road, and then there was the occasion when some German rider went through a hedge or  wall in or around Onchan.
There seems to be no self discipline, no respect for the simplest of safety precautions, and certain people have gone through life never having been told "NO - you can't do that", if they have , they are quick to point out "it's a free country".   Well, it's a free country as long as you do no harm to your fellow citizens

Sometimes I feel that these most recent idiots could be what eventually finishes Mountain circuit racing, they provide more ammunition for the opposition among residents, and nobody who loves the TT and Manx as I do, would want that. Icon_frown
08-06-2015, 10:58 AM
Find Reply
AndyL Offline

Threads: 2
And now spectators have been seen crossing the road at Barregarrow this morning!? What on earth is wrong with these people?
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015, 11:14 AM by AndyL.)
08-06-2015, 11:14 AM
Find Reply
civ Offline

Threads: 3
08-06-2015, 12:27 PM
Find Reply
excollier Offline

Where's my revolver.....?
08-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Find Reply
laverda77 Offline

Threads: 9
Hope the police can get to these morons quick, the muppet with the distinctive trousers can be easily identified and the creg only has one road out at road closing time,I think, can some one send this pic to Douglas hq.?
08-06-2015, 12:46 PM
Find Reply
R7A5B0 Offline

(08-06-2015, 10:05 AM)Malcolm Wrote:
Just announced that the main perpetrator is sitting in a cell at the Police HQ, awaiting an appearance at court for "kicking off" and also for walking along the road while the roads were closed.

It was said that he will most likely receive a bigger sentence/fine for the latter offense.

It was also stated that ALL Marshals have the same authority as a Police Officer when Roads are closed, and the public need to recognize and respect that.
glad to hear it. i know people like to let their hair down when away with the lads on a bike trip,but like previous comments i think these kind of incidents are on the increase these days .sheer stupidity ,probably fueled by too much to drink,that could easily lead to an accident which could have serious implications for all the visitors that do abide by the rules, as well as those causing the problems.
08-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Find Reply
kestrel Offline

Just read that the spectator arrested yesterday has been sentenced to 8 weeks in prison. Good enough for him and I sincerely hope that this sentence sends out a clear message.
08-06-2015, 03:07 PM
Find Reply
Latino Offline

Threads: 1
(08-06-2015, 03:07 PM)kestrel Wrote: Just read that the spectator arrested yesterday has been sentenced to 8 weeks in prison. Good enough for him and I sincerely hope that this sentence sends out a clear message.

Link to court report ........ hope this gets well-publicised to all the other idiots who think it's OK to walk on the Course when the roads are closed for racing ...... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-i...n-33049021

I'd love to see things from your perspective but unfortunately ........... I find it impossible to get my head that far up my a$$
08-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Find Reply