Guy Martin thinking about calling it quits?
KypDurron Offline

Threads: 23
Guy Martin thinking about calling it quits?
http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/new...XkwJTBVhBd

If you read that article, he seems to be saying the bike could do better than third in that race but that he didn't have it to go faster. It sounds like he's saying that's as fast as he can go round the island. I wonder if he's thinking he may have hit his top speed and some others are just faster now.
11-06-2015, 07:54 AM
Find Reply
Allyshaper Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Guy Martin thinking about calling it quits?
Give him a couple of weeks to calm down before you judge anything Guy says over the next few days. He is on the podium so he isnt far off.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2015, 10:29 AM by Malcolm.)
11-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Find Reply
Westers Offline
Banned

Threads: 3
RE: Guy Martin thinking about calling it quits?
I do think he has peaked and that it is very unlikely he'll win a TT now. Hutchy is fully fit and has his mojo back, James Hillier and Lee Johnston are on the up, MD is always a big threat, and so is Bruce if he wants to be. Then you've got David Johnson, and Hickman who are showing promise. Not forgetting Dean Harrison when he's on competitive kit.

Guy is probably his own worst enemy at the TT - he wants one badly, yet in the race he often talks himself out of pushing harder to win (as per his book). I think the reason he's so successful at the shorter road races is because he hasn't got time to let his mind wander off as he's battling with others, but at the TT it does wander and for me that's his weak point.

Shame he's not won one, but I think he's resigned himself to that now and isn't as bothered about it. He's said that he used to beat himself up after the TT 'cos he hadn't won, but in recent years he's stopped doing that and just gets on with life.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2015, 08:52 PM by Westers.)
11-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Find Reply