That's it then.
excollier Offline
slow biker, road race fan

Threads: 11
That's it then.
Well back to the boring stuff now for me, until August, roadside at Dundrod.

12-06-2015, 04:19 PM
Find Reply
AndyL Offline

Threads: 2
RE: That's it then.
Post-TT depression Sad

What a week though. Bruce's first superbike win, Hutchy's incredible comeback, McGuinness confounding us all with that amazing win and lap record, a new race winner in Ivan Lintin, the Birchalls smashing race records in the sidecars and Moly taking back that lap record that had stood since 2007. It's been a cracker!
12-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Find Reply
excollier Offline
slow biker, road race fan

Threads: 11
It certainly has. It always is enjoyable, I'll get back to the island one day.

12-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
its always a bit of a downer when its over
and i didnt even go this year and been working 12 hour shifts every day so not even had it on radio much but im still feeling a little down that its over
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
12-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Find Reply
Muddles Offline

Threads: 2
Time to wash the tt t shirt and book for next year.
12-06-2015, 07:36 PM
Find Reply
runningbear Offline

Threads: 0
i got photo i took from grandstand in 1986 and shows one of the pit crews with a board on a pole saying clearly , never mind only 351 days to go,always makes me smile .got mgp and classic tt to look forward to .and yes this race week was a cracker .shall miss tt radio and hope they put it on for full two weeks next year.
12-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Find Reply
harveymushman Offline

Threads: 1
(12-06-2015, 04:38 PM)AndyL Wrote: Post-TT depression Sad

What a week though.  Bruce's first superbike win, Hutchy's incredible comeback, McGuinness confounding us all with that amazing win and lap record, a new race winner in Ivan Lintin, the Birchalls smashing race records in the sidecars and Moly taking back that lap record that had stood since 2007.  It's been a cracker!

+1 echo that -been a privilege to be in the hedges this week
12-06-2015, 07:51 PM
Find Reply
Westers Offline
Banned

Threads: 3
Yep, post TT downer, and also not there.

Another great year, and one that seemed to have more drama than the others. First it was MD switching rides (proven right), followed by the weather.

Bruce's stunning superbike win, surely one of the most popular of the week.

We saw the stunning return of Hutchy, and watched him go from strength to to strength, yet JM seemed to be a busted flush. Oh how we were wrong.

The slideys had some of the closest racing that I can remember for a while, and the Birchalls possibly showed the future of slidey TT domination.

Ivan Lintin wrestling the Supertwin crown away from Ryan - who'd have thought Ryan would be beaten.

The rise of the new breed - Hillier, Johnston, and waiting in the wings, Hickman.

And then the finale - I need say no more.

How can TT 2016 better that performance?
12-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Find Reply
SPJ Offline

Westers - it'll be tough! Only disappointments for me this year is that MD wasn't fit post crash or had time to setup the superbike. It's amazing the number of riders into the 132's today, I struggle to remember when there has been a field with so much depth. 352 days..
12-06-2015, 08:23 PM
Find Reply
Westers Offline
Banned

Threads: 3
Yep, it will be tough, however, I think next year will start to show a bigger shift from the old guard, to the new guard. And it's always great to watch who the new stars will be.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015, 09:13 PM by Malcolm.)
12-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Find Reply
Andy from Kazakhstan Offline

Threads: 4
I'm still here, homestay on Sulby straight until tomorrow. I have noticed a significant reduction in the number of bikes passing the house this morning, maybe all down in Castletown?
13-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Find Reply
numptydad Offline

Threads: 6
(12-06-2015, 07:57 PM)Westers Wrote: Yep, post TT downer, and also not there.

Another great year, and one that seemed to have more drama than the others. First it was MD switching rides (proven right), followed by the weather.

Bruce's stunning superbike win, surely one of the most popular of the week.

We saw the stunning return of Hutchy, and watched him go from strength to to strength, yet JM seemed to be a busted flush. Oh how we were wrong.

The slideys had some of the closest racing that I can remember for a while, and the Birchalls possibly showed the future of slidey TT domination.

Ivan Lintin wrestling the Supertwin crown away from Ryan - who'd have thought Ryan would be beaten.

The rise of the new breed - Hillier, Johnston, and waiting in the wings, Hickman.

And then the finale - I need say no more.

How can TT 2016 better that performance?

yes,  agree with all that, heart warming performances from them all. Big feeling of let down now,  BOOHOO!
Even tho' I  wasn't there, the commentary and live timing made it feel as if I was!  Just let the imagination work, and I'm on a sunny bank on the run to Ballaugh, ( are people still allowed to sit there?),  or on the churchyard wall at Union Mills, or even at the bogs in Kirkmichael( very convenient,pardon the pun, are THEY still there?)
 I once sat on the bank at Appledene, glorious spot in the sunshine; Tony Rutter and the F2 Ducati were so smooth - I wanted to pay my respects to a nearly forgotten rider who didn't live to fulfil his potential, Fred Neville, killed in appalling weather during the Junior MGP of 1961.
14-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
Good post Numptydad, I remember Fred Neville losing his life around Appledene in the 1961 Junior. He was leading the race in terrible conditions. Did you know that his death was the reason why the "no fairing" rule was revoked? Yes, for 1962 fairings were allowed at the Manx for the first time. Previously it had been deemed that fairings were too dangerous for lesser experienced riders, but in fact Neville's crash was put down to exposure in bitterly cold and wet conditions.

I liked your notes on viewing art various points on the course.
I have a spot out near Ramsey where I watch with no one else around, and if the wind is in the right direction, you can hear the riders coming along Sulby Straight, and then when you hear them coming along from Kerroo Moar, it sends a spine chilling tingle of excitement through you, especially when you hear the engine note changing when the bikes hit the bumps.
I too have enjoyed listening to the live commentary with the timing App. Brilliant!
My withdrawal symptoms aren't too bad, because I'll be riding in the Classic TT! Can't wait for August!!
14-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
i really enjoy the radio durining the races some of them get knocked but for me they are all good at what they do very knowledgeable and some great tales from ramsey hairpin
watching on tv is good but it dosnt have the same atmosphere as radio tt you really do think your there at times
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
14-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Find Reply
numptydad Offline

Threads: 6
(14-06-2015, 11:58 AM)Splashdown Wrote: Good post Numptydad, I remember Fred Neville losing his life around Appledene in the 1961 Junior. He was leading the race in terrible conditions. Did you know that his death was the reason why the "no fairing" rule was revoked? Yes, for 1962 fairings were allowed at the Manx for the first time. Previously it had been deemed that fairings were too dangerous for lesser experienced riders, but in fact Neville's crash was put down to exposure in bitterly cold and wet conditions.

I liked your notes on viewing art various points on the course.
I have a spot out near Ramsey where I watch with no one else around, and if the wind is in the right direction, you can hear the riders coming along Sulby Straight, and then when you hear them coming along from Kerroo Moar, it sends a spine chilling tingle of excitement through you, especially when you hear the engine note changing when the bikes hit the bumps.
I too have enjoyed listening to the live commentary with the timing App. Brilliant!
My withdrawal symptoms aren't too bad, because I'll be riding in the Classic TT! Can't wait for August!!

Thanks Splash, yes, I was aware of the introduction of fairings as a direct result of Fred's death,  these days that race would never have started or would have  been stopped; progress there. I had been watching Fred's progress racing on short circuits, he was tipped for the top , and raced for Paul Dunstall, his death came as a terrible shock.

Enjoy the Classic , I'll be listening, and stay safe.

Dave
15-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Find Reply
muz66 Offline

This yeats TT was fantastic. I hope to be there next year but still love listening to the races on the radio TT. The live timings are fantastic but still love the radio and I think all the presenters are ace. It must be really hard to commentate live on races like these.

Looking forward to the Classic and the Manx GP now.
Get on with it or shut up about it!
15-06-2015, 09:47 PM
Find Reply
canamant Offline

Threads: 1
That is the dress rehearsal over.  Roll on August and the main event.
17-06-2015, 12:32 AM
Find Reply