Prayers for critically injured Jamie Hamilton
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Prayers for critically injured Jamie Hamilton
[Image: mdunlop&jamieHamilton.jpg]
Jamie Hamilton shares a joke with Michael Dunlop during practice week at the Isle of Man TT

Dungannon team owner John Burrows says his hopes and prayers are with young Ulster rider Jamie Hamilton, who was critically injured at the Isle of Man TT on Friday.

The 24-year-old from Ballyclare came off Burrows’ Suzuki GSX-R1000 Superbike in the final race of the legendary motorcycling festival in the Senior TT.

The incident happened on the high-speed exit of the fast right-hander at the end of the long Cronk-y-Voddy straight on the run towards the 11th Milestone at Burnside.

Hamilton was airlifted to Nobles Hospital in Douglas after being treated at the scene and was later transferred to Aintree University Hospital in Liverpool.

His injuries were initially reported as ‘serious but not life-threatening’ but Hamilton sustained serious head, arm and leg injuries in the accident and remains in a critical condition.

Burrows, who made the trip to Liverpool with Jamie’s mum Helen, told the News Letter on Sunday night that the former top TT newcomer is a ‘terrific lad’ and said he is praying Hamilton will pull through.

“All our hopes and prayers are with him and we’re just praying that he’ll come through this. The amount of support we’ve had from people has been incredible but unfortunately there is nothing any of us can do right now,” Burrows said.

“He’s a very seriously ill lad. The next few days are going to be crucial and initially at Nobles hospital they told us that he might not survive this.

“Naturally we’re all hoping that Jamie can pull through and I’m hopeful that he can. It’s just devastating for everyone.

“Jamie was just buzzing about being at the TT and we were loving having him in the team. He just seemed to walk into the team and fit in straight away,”
added Burrows.

“I knew Jamie for a long time before he joined our team without knowing him really well, but he’s almost become like an adopted son and he was so good with our kids. I was keeping him going saying the reason why he’s so good with them is because he has the same mentality as them – he’s just a big kid.

“He’s a super kid and I can’t speak highly enough about Jamie. I’m not saying that because he’s lying in a hospital bed – I’d have said the exact same thing if you’d asked me about him two weeks ago.”

Burrows has heard conflicting reports over the cause of Hamilton’s accident but said it seems he was simply ‘caught out’ at one of the fastest corners on the whole of the 37.73-mile course.

“He had set his fastest ever TT lap at 128mph on the lap before he crashed [from a standing start].

“I had a chat with Steve Mercer who was riding behind Jamie and he said that he’d been riding absolutely perfect,”
said Burrows.

“Unfortunately he got caught out. I’ve heard a couple of different versions about what happened but it seems that maybe the bike got a bit unsettled as he went through the corner and caught him out.

“It’s one of the fastest corners on the circuit and it’s definitely not somewhere you want to be coming off at.

“He had set his fastest ever Supertwin lap, his fastest 600 lap and his fastest Superbike lap at the TT,”
he added.

“Sadly, it’s one of those things that happens in racing. We’re just praying he can come out of this.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White
15-06-2015, 09:56 PM
Website Find Reply
harveymushman Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Prayers for critically injured Jamie Hamilton
Thanks Malcolm - Really been concerned we have heard nothing - Thinking of Jamie and hoping he can pull through
15-06-2015, 10:23 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
Have been following Jamie for a few years and he is a great lad and a star of the future for sure.Hope he pulls through and is in our thoughts at this terrible time.

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
16-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Find Reply
Sussex Ninja Gal' Offline

Threads: 11
I was really looking forward to watching him fighting for a podium at Scarborough this coming weekend, but instead the poor lad's fighting for his life in a Liverpool hospital. Like all us folk who love road racing - I sincerely hope he pulls through: and my thoughts are with Jamie & his loved ones at this very difficult time. Let's hope we hear some better news about his condition very soon.
16-06-2015, 12:18 PM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
Our fingers are crossed for a great young star of the roads
16-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
It's so difficult to know what to say, I really hope he makes a full recovery. It's a cruel sport.
16-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Find Reply
STEVEVTR Offline

Threads: 5
Best wishes to Jamie and his family , hope we hear some good news soon.
16-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
Best wishes to Jamie and family hope for a speedy and full recovery.
17-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Find Reply
JAT Offline

Threads: 5
My thoughts are with Jamie his family and friends.
17-06-2015, 01:28 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Have looked all over the net but cant see any updates on Jamie all we can hope is that no news is good news.

17-06-2015, 02:48 PM
Find Reply
tigerted Offline

(17-06-2015, 02:48 PM)maybolezx12r Wrote: Have looked all over the net but cant see any updates on Jamie all we can hope is that no news is good news.

I have been doing the same and I am clinging to the old adage " no news is good news ".

I first met Jamie at his first TT in 2009 and this year I went around to his van to wish him well and tell him that he's now one of the old boys and we had a laugh.

He's a great lad and like all of us I am praying he makes it through.
17-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Find Reply
numptydad Offline

Best wishes for a full recovery, Jamie, and "take heart" to his family
Dave
18-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

From the Belfast Telegraph this morning

Racing family now praying Jamie Hamilton can make quick recovery

[Image: 2015-06-18_spo_10476718_I1.JPG]
Long recovery: Jamie Hamilton is still under critical care in hospital after his horror crash at the Isle of Man TT last week
By Paul Lindsay – 18 June 2015
Ballyclare's Jamie Hamilton, who was seriously injured in a 170mph crash during last Friday's blue riband Senior TT race on the Isle of Man, last night remained under critical care in Liverpool's Aintree University Hospital.

The 24-year-old was air lifted to the hospital on Friday evening after his horror crash at the end of Cronk y Voddy straight, aboard his Cookstown B.E Racing Suzuki.
Team owner John Burrows was by his side within an hour of the incident, both in the Isle of Man and Liverpool, until returning home yesterday.
It's been a traumatic time for the former racer and successful Dungannon businessman.
"Jamie is like an adopted son to me. It's been a tough few days; more so for his mum, Helen, who is still at his side, but he's in great hands and I'm very hopeful he will make a full recovery despite still being in critical care," said Burrows.
Hamilton, who was awarded the Best Newcomer Award on his TT debut back in 2012, is reported to have suffered serious right arm and leg injuries and, as expected in a high-speed crash of that nature, a worrying amount of head trauma.
Burrows said: "I need to be respectful to Jamie's family and his mother Helen especially. She's a really nice lady and is always around the team at the racing and while there's been a lot of speculation about the extent of Jamie's injuries he remains critical but stable. But, as I say, I'm confident he will pull through this."
Burrows did not refute claims that his young rider had suffered serious injuries to his right arm and leg, but didn't want to go into specifics. Hamilton obviously has a long road to recovery and with his second rider, Michael Sweeney, also out injured after a TT crash, the question now is - will Burrows' team continue to race in 2015?
He said: "When you get home to your own house and into familiar surroundings you do ask yourself, 'do I need all this' but that's road racing. Yes I have sponsors and a team to think about, but where do we find a young rider to replace Jamie Hamilton in terms of ability and personality; it's hard to find them out there.
"If I'm honest, it's something that's far from my mind right now. Yes I've still got a 600cc Honda and 650cc Supertwin machine, and the '250' that Micko Sweeney will ride again once he's fit…" he tails off, lost for words.
"Jamie comes into my house and plays with my kids and has become part of our family and we are all so comfortable in his company; I can't praise the cub enough."
advertisement

Speaking candidly about a potential replacement, the B.E Racing team owner said: "It's just hard to replace a lad that wanted it so much. Yes we probably will do something, and that's what Jamie would want, but for now my only concern is for him. We will see what happens over the next few weeks."

(This post was last modified: 18-06-2015, 11:49 AM by maybolezx12r.)
18-06-2015, 11:45 AM
Find Reply
Carole Offline
Multi tasker

Threads: 4
Helen, Jamie's mother posted on Facebook this morning that Jamie has woken a bit, and today spoke to the nurses briefly. He knows who is there... I myself am so very happy to hear he is progressing, and wish him the very best for as speedy a recovery as is possible. Get well soon Lad... everyone's rooting for you.
Life's too short- live it to the max and enjoy yourselves
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2015, 02:04 PM by Carole.)
18-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Website Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

(18-06-2015, 02:03 PM)Carole Wrote: Helen, Jamie's mother posted on Facebook this morning that Jamie has woken a bit, and today spoke to the nurses briefly. He knows who is there... I myself am so very happy to hear he is progressing, and wish him the very best for as speedy a recovery as is possible. Get well soon Lad... everyone's rooting for you.

Thanks for that carole fantastic to hear he is cracking lad and hope he can make a full recovery.

18-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
I am so pleased to hear that news about Jamie.

Keep fighting young man, everyone is behind you in your fight to regain your health.

Malcolm
18-06-2015, 02:31 PM
Website Find Reply
tiny thing Offline

Threads: 3
(18-06-2015, 02:03 PM)Carole Wrote: Helen, Jamie's mother posted on Facebook this morning that Jamie has woken a bit, and today spoke to the nurses briefly. He knows who is there... I myself am so very happy to hear he is progressing, and wish him the very best for as speedy a recovery as is possible. Get well soon Lad... everyone's rooting for you.

Great news ,you have got me crying now. GWS Jamie.

The UGP best road race in the world.
18-06-2015, 02:47 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Fantastic news, hope he makes a full recovery in due course.
18-06-2015, 03:13 PM
Find Reply
NSR500 Offline

Threads: 2
Lets hope the news stays positive and hope for a complete recovery.
18-06-2015, 03:17 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
Great news!
Onwards and upwards Jamie!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
18-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Find Reply