RST Parade lap
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
RST Parade lap
A good friend of mine has just been on the phone. "How did the Parade lap go", I asked.
"It never went ahead because of some drunken lout at Kirkmichael causing a rumpus", he said.

He went on to explain that a bike dealer from Bristol was lying in the road minutes before the Parade lap, and because of this incident , the lap never went ahead.
I had never heard of this incident. Does anyone have any views, updates or comments about it?
17-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Find Reply
Mugen Offline

Threads: 4
RE: RST Parade lap
(17-06-2015, 10:33 AM)Splashdown Wrote: A good friend of mine has just been on the phone. "How did the Parade lap go", I asked.
"It never went ahead because of some drunken lout at Kirkmichael causing a rumpus", he said.

He went on to explain that a bike dealer from Bristol was lying in the road minutes before the Parade lap, and because of this incident , the lap never went ahead.
I had never heard of this incident. Does anyone have any views, updates or comments about it?
There were 2 incidents I heard about, but I can't remember which one (if either) stopped the Parade lap. One was 4 guys (drunk apparently) wouldn't get off the closed roads and were abusing the marshalls - 1 of these got arrested and put in jail I think. The other was a picture that appeared in the social media of a guy lying in the road with his camera pointing down the road and his mate photographing him doing this - last I knew the police were looking for them.
17-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Find Reply
Dougboy
Unregistered

I think I'm correct in saying that at the time of this 'incident' there were also 2 genuine racing incidents in progress. This steered the CoC to red-flag the session and cancel the parade.
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2015, 11:19 AM by Malcolm.)
17-06-2015, 11:18 AM
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
This the article in the Bristol post.It happened just at Ballafreer road end just outside Union Mills.

A Bristol racing fan, who took a 'huge risk' when he walked across a closed road during the Isle of Man TT festival, has been jailed and banned from the island.

David Seager from the city was sentenced to eight weeks in prison after being charged with a public disorder offence and being on a closed road.

The 47-year-old was also banned from the Isle of Man.

Following the case, Police Inspector Derek Flint said: "This sentence should send a crystal-clear message that anti-social behaviour towards fellow spectators and marshals, as well as being on closed roads contrary to a road closure order, will simply not be tolerated.

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
17-06-2015, 11:18 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
It was reported that he was taking medication for anger managment issues. He had an adverse reaction of the medication due to the 5-8 pints of beer he had drunk. after he had threatened a Marshal and a family that he knew where they lived and would kill them. All this was filmed on a phone belonging to the woman he threatened and presented in court as evidence. When it was sugested by the court he should seek proffesional advice for his anger issues, he refused and said he would sort it out himself.
Well he has 8 weeks in the Jurby Hotel to 'sort it out himself'
There were actually another three people with him on the course as well.
What is mind boggeling, is in spite of this being anounced on Manx Radio, prople were still walking on the course days after at various locations.

I know I sound like a broken record, but again this is the kind of new visitor who will kill the TT off.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2015, 12:37 PM by c iom tt.)
17-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
These people or louts are not genuine TT fans they are there to disrupt the proceedings they think to threaten a respectable family is a big to do in front of there mates well guess what it isn't we don't need jerks like that the TT just stay at home and leave the TT to the genuine supporters and go and curl up in the gutter where you came from.
17-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Find Reply
STEVEVTR Offline

Threads: 5
C IOM TT i totally agree.
17-06-2015, 01:01 PM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
I've seen a still photo from Conkerfields of a guy with his head and shoulders underneath the railings at the K tree stretching over the pavement to hold out a camera. Did he not see Hutchy take to the kerb at Bedstead?

You guys are right. Idiots like this will cause a serious incident and result in the rest of us being subjected to much tougher restrictions...............or worse.
17-06-2015, 01:10 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
What is happening it's just madness and a crying shame to the genuine fans that wait in hedge rows building up a conversation with people who they only just met in anticipation for the glimpse of the first bike through and to see there heroes put in a great time new record or a win that's what most fans want not to cause mayhem and wreck the whole experience for others, but sadly there is that kind of following starting at the TT, like the four lads that were at hillberry monkeying around drunk fighting throwing beer around sitting in anyone's seats it's not on.
17-06-2015, 01:13 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
if its true he is a bike dealer thats bad but i seam to remember a guy kicking a can on the road at the creg a few years ago if im not wrong he also was a bike dealer seams strange dosnt it you would expect just your average bucket lister would be the type to do this not people who claim to be bikers
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
17-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Find Reply